Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

how to use only font awesome pro

• Andreas

how to use only font awesome pro

Posted 5 years 11 months ago
    • Hello! we just bought the interstellar theme from RocketTHeme for Grav, but I also own FontAwesome Pro and want to use it, especially the SVG version.
      (also this is my first grav project, actually first any CMS project)
      It was easy as a breeze tro add the two files required to Gantry 5, but removing the stock font awesome proved much harder. We've delted the file (so now we get 404 errors on the files) and deleted all refrences we could find from these files

user/plugins/gantry5/admin/templates/partials/layout.html.twig
      user/plugins/gantry5/engines/nucleus/templates/page_head.html.twig
      user/plugins/gantry5/admin/templates/partials/base.html.twig
      user/plugins/gantry5/admin/templates/menu/base.html.twig

both me and my partner come from a pure html/css/js background so we have no problem writing HTML refrences to FA instead of the way it was handled by default in gantry 5 with what seems as costum shortcuts for icons.

any help would be appriciated!
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: how to use only font awesome pro

• Gantry 5 does not yet work with Fontawesome 5 - there is an outstanding enhancement request ticket here https://github.com/gantry/gantry5/issues/2196 which you can +1.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
    • Andreas

• we do realize that gantry 5 does not support FA5, the only thing we want to do is to remove the link for FA4 from Gantry 5 and use the scripts we have linked, then just write the html to call the icons. having a link to a script that goes 404 just does not look very good.

So all we're asking is how to remove the refrence to the /user/data/gantry5/themes/rt_interstellar/css/font-awesome.min.css css file
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• You would have to create overrides for the 3 files your mentioned and remove the loading of the CSS. But... Gantry 5 relies on fontaweseome being present for all the admin too as well as the frontend - so most likely things will break when you do this. The reason we have not added Fontawesome 5 yet is because it's not straightforward and requires the expertise of our DEVS. I stress - do not change the original files as they would be overwritten again by Gantry 5 updates.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.

Time to create page: 0.048 seconds