Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Gantry 5 Safari Web Inspector Issues

• Gantry 5 Safari Web Inspector Issues

Posted 5 years 6 months ago
    • Hi all,

A long term user of the Gantry Framework (mainly Joomla).

Recently I have started to experience the Safari Web Inspector crashing/hanging. At first I was thinking that it was solely due to Safari 11.x version updates by Apple. However, other developers I spoke with had a hard time replicating the issue.

Until I gave them a Gantry (5) website to test this issue on. As a matter of fact it occurs on the Gantry Demo site too.

It seems to be a combination of Safari 11.x and Gantry (The issue does not occur on Safari 10.x) - however, no errors are visible on the test sites.

I have created a video to showcase the issue and gove some more information: Gantry / Safari Web Inspector Video .

My hope is that someone involved with Gantry development can pinpoint the exact issue and find or propose a solution to this issue. Wether that is a fix in Gantry or a fix in Safari 11.x that Apple needs to be informed about...

I have even been thinking that Safari uses DNS prefetchin.. could that be an issue...? But to no avail, I was able to turn off prefetching and same results. Web Inspector hanging...
    • Last Edit: 5 years 6 months ago by Piet Nutbey. Reason: Type
    • Best regards,

Piet Nutbey

Joomla Video Tutorials: www.joomtorial.com
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: Gantry 5 Safari Web Inspector Issues

• The. Best place to raise this would be against the gantry 5 project on GitHub rather than the rockettheme forum. This is where the gantry 5 developers will be able to answer you directly. Let me know the issue number after you have raised it and I will let them know.

Regards, Mark.
    • The following users have thanked you: Piet Nutbey

• Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
  • Re: Gantry 5 Safari Web Inspector Issues

• Thanks for the suggestion Mark!
    • Best regards,

Piet Nutbey

Joomla Video Tutorials: www.joomtorial.com
  • Re: Gantry 5 Safari Web Inspector Issues

• MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: Gantry 5 Safari Web Inspector Issues

• Ok I've prompted them.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.

Time to create page: 0.050 seconds