Posted 5 years 4 months ago
    • Is there going to be a Gantry 6?
    • — Jim
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: Gantry 6?

• Who knows... never say never. What's wrong with Gantry 5 anyway? Why would we need a Gantry 6?

Most of our development effort now actually goes into GRAV which is growing ever more popular every day. Have you given that a go yet? it's a flat file CMS that you can use on it's own or with Gantry 5 too.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
    • Jim Bain
    • Rocketeer
    • Website Builder

• Gantry 5 is excellent and well supported! When Gantry 5 came out it was ahead of the game but now there are site building tool that allow one to build sites faster because of their GUI nature (See: YooTheme Pro and Gridbox).
    • — Jim
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• I am aware of our competitors offering but (naturally) I still think that Gantry 5 is better. Either way, even if we did have any plans for a Gantry 6 (and I'm not saying we do or don't), I'm afraid I would not be at liberty to discuss that in a public forum. We do always try to share our intentions as early as we possibly can (which we do in the "announcements" forum here on this site).

Right now GRAV is a primary focus.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.

Time to create page: 0.050 seconds