Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Particles in different template

• Particles in different template

Posted 5 years 2 weeks ago
    • I am trying to install rockettheme gantry particles into another template, and getting some errors. Most work fine, but a few are not.

The ones I want are the pricing table and the gridcontent.

pricing table error: failed to extend %g-button....
      grid content error: undefined variable $font-family-promo: line 107

I can give exact errors but wonder if you can direct me where to begin looking... i know if the css doesn't recompile there is probably some other file or code missing but i don't know where to look.

Also actually if i try to save layout it gives me a page not found error too and wont' save, so i must have screwed stuff up royally.'

The new template is helium and the current one is versla.

Here is page with pricing table & gridcontent wowgraphicdesigns.com/packages-2

Thank you.
    • Last Edit: 5 years 2 weeks ago by Cheryl Microutsicos.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: Particles in different template

• So that means that the particle in question is using variables and mixins that are not available in the template that you copied the particle to. So what you need to do is to add them in your custom.scss. Look for the definiations in the donor template and then add something similar in your custom.scss file.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
  • Re: Particles in different template

• definitions in the donor template

Thank you for the quick reply. I thought that's what i need to do, but i'm just not sure where to look in the donor template.

Do you have any suggestions? i copied all the particle scss files... just not sure where to look for the missing code and how to recognize it.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: Particles in different template

• Use a file scanner such as "fileseek" (on a PC) to scan for the definition of the item being reported in your error messages and then copy the code where you find it to custom.scss.

So if you scan for "$font-family-promo" you will find that it is defined in Versla in/templates/rt_versla/scss/configuration/ _typography.scss
      $font-family-promo:           	"sourcesanspro", "Helvetica", "Tahoma", "Geneva", "Arial", sans-serif

So you add that to your custom.scss after the import of "depenedencies" and before you import any other particle scss.

Obviously you will need to change the fonts used too as it is unlikely that your recipient template is using the same fonts.

You will find that %g-button is define in /templates/rt_versla/scss/versla/styles/_buttons.scss so for that one you would need to copy the whole scss file to /templates/g5_helium/custom/scss and then import it in your scss.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.

Time to create page: 0.056 seconds