Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Add the TAGS field in "Joomla Articles" particle

• Cyskye
    • Jr. Rocketeer

Add the TAGS field in "Joomla Articles" particle

Posted 4 years 3 months ago
    • Hi, I would like to add the field "tags" in the Joomla Articles particle, so that I can choose to display only articles with a specific tag (example: tag "food").

This seems to be possible by overriding the yaml and twig files, and I've found this article based on this topic on Github:
      github.com/gantry/gantry5/pull/2561

...but I've done the override of both yaml and twig files and it doesn't work for me. The field TAGS appears in the particle but the selection is not done (in fact, if I try to fill it with the tag ID, it shows all the articles without selecting the tags).

Am I missing something? Or should I override other files, too?
      Any help will be kindly appreciated.
      Thank You!
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: Add the TAGS field in "Joomla Articles" particle

Posted 4 years 3 months ago
    • Please post url, superuser ID and password in the secure tab of your reply and I will look for you.

Please provide ftp login too.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
    • Cyskye
    • Jr. Rocketeer

Posted 4 years 2 months ago
    • Sorry, I'm trying on localhost.
      It would be enough to have a button in the contentarray particle to show/hide tags while displaying articles preview in the frontens.

I've added this to the yaml file:
      article.display.tags.enabled:
      type: select.select
      label: Tags
      description: Select if the tags should be shown.
      default: ''
      options:
      show: Show
      '': Hide

and I can see the selection in the particle... but I don't know how to call the tags in the twig file..

{% if display.tags.enabled %}
      ????
      {% endif %}

Any help would be appreciated
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Posted 4 years 2 months ago
    • No idea sorry. This really is a development question so you would be better off asking in the Gantry 5 github project chatroom where likeminded developers may be able to assist you. https://gitter.im/gantry/gantry5

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.

Time to create page: 0.052 seconds