Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Vertical menu items not showing up when assigned to default

• Vertical menu items not showing up when assigned to default

Posted 3 years 7 months ago
    • When the vertical menu is assigned to Home, the sub menu items are displayed on the front end. When I assign the vertical menu to Default, the sub items do not show on the front end
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: Vertical menu items not showing up when assigned to default

• Please would you post your URL, superuser id and pswd in the secure tab of your post and I'll have a look for you.

Please do a screenshot of your problem and annotate to make it clear.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
  • Re: Vertical menu items not showing up when assigned to default

• This message contains only secure information that is visible to MrT, moderators and administrators
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• Ok, all your assignments were a mess - I've corrected them back to what they should be.

1. The default outline is marked as the default in template manager (yellow star) - this is the outline that will be used by all menu items (pages) of your site unless you specifically assign another outline. so there is no need to assign the "default" outline to any menu item at all (in fact it should not be).

2. Your "home" outline should be assigned to your "home" menu item only because all the content is on the layout of the outline.

So, now it's repaired it all, tell me what it is that you are trying to do and I'll explain how to do it correctly.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
  • Re: Vertical menu items not showing up when assigned to default

• Hi Mark,

I do not want to use the Home outline at all. I want to manage everything via the default outline. That was the intent.

Thanks,

Norman
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• Ok, so I just unassigned the "home" outline from the "home" menu item and now it uses the default. The reason you can't see the rest of the navigation then is because you have nothing in the slideshow-a position - so I simple create a module and assigned it to that position for all menu items.

I also unassigned all your other outline too - so now only the default outline is used.

Needless to say, now all the pages look the same (because they are using the saem default outline) and you will no longer see the demo content (as that was on the specific outlines that you are no longer using).

Regards, Mark.
    • The following users have thanked you: Norman Duncan

Time to create page: 0.054 seconds