Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

HTTP ERROR 500 on Particle Defaults

• Brady McCain
    • Sr. Rocketeer
    • Web Developer

HTTP ERROR 500 on Particle Defaults

Posted 3 years 5 months ago
    • I installed the Elixir template and Gantry 5 to work on upgrading an older site. When I go to the Base Outline and click on Particle Defaults, it doesn't load. There is just a short modal at the top of the page with no content. I copied the link and tried to open in a new browser tab and got the HTTP ERROR 500. All other tabs work... Styles, Layout, and Page Settings.

Things I've tried:
      • Reinstalled the template
      • Reinstalled Gantry 5
      • Renamed/disabled .htaccess
      • Disabled Akeeba's AdminTools
      • Disabled JCH Optimize plugin

Server Details (Linux/Windows, Hosting service, etc)Linux/Apache on justhost.com
      PHP version7.3.23
      Joomla versionJoomla! 3.9.22 Stable [ Amani ]
      Platform (name and version)Joomla Platform 13.1.0 Stable [ Curiosity ]
      Template/Extension (name and version)Elixir 1.0.4
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: HTTP ERROR 500 on Particle Defaults

• admin login does not work - please check.

Also, look in apache error log and tell me the error message associated with the server500.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
    • Brady McCain
    • Sr. Rocketeer
    • Web Developer

• My apologies - the account had not been enabled. I've double-checked and the login works now.

I don't see any log files looking at /logs or /public_html/logs and none when I go to Metrics > Errors in cPanel. Going to Metrics > Raw Access in cPanel, I see 3 lines regarding the page in question...

Local IP Address - - [12/Oct/2020:06:38:04 -0600] "GET /administrator/index.php?option=com_gantry5&view=configurations/default/settings&theme=rt_elixir&9571d800296d14e21a2931d7e64f7bd8=1 HTTP/2.0" 200 33117 "-" "Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_15_6) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/86.0.4240.75 Safari/537.36" www.susannelively.com Server IP Address

Local IP Address - - [12/Oct/2020:06:38:05 -0600] "GET /media/system/js/keepalive.js?6e4a9d8feb95c3f9362d5cc08bac1bf2 HTTP/2.0" 200 306 " www.susannelively.com/administrator/inde...e21a2931d7e64f7bd8=1 " "Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_15_6) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/86.0.4240.75 Safari/537.36" www.susannelively.com Server IP Address

Local IP Address - - [12/Oct/2020:06:38:06 -0600] "GET /administrator/templates/isis/favicon.ico HTTP/2.0" 404 - " www.susannelively.com/administrator/inde...e21a2931d7e64f7bd8=1 " "Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_15_6) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/86.0.4240.75 Safari/537.36" www.susannelively.com Server IP Address

I cannot seem to find any 500 errors.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• Ok, that's just the access log so that doesn't help.

You're actually getting a 403 forbidden on your favicon.ico file?

Please post your FTP logon, password and FTP URL in the secure area of your post.

Also, I note that you have both Gantry 4 and Gantry 5 installed at the same time and that Gantry 5 is not the default template in template manager - this can lead to issues. Ideally you would have cloned your site to a test area to do testing with Gantry 5.

Have a look in the security log too - often these issues can be caused by your mod_Security rules

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
    • Brady McCain
    • Sr. Rocketeer
    • Web Developer

• I don't understand the whole 403 error on the favicon. It's got 0644 permissions just like all of the other files in that folder.

I do have both Gantry 4 and 5 installed. The old template runs on Gantry 4 and the new one on Gantry 5. I wasn't aware that having both installed could cause issues. I've done it in the past without issues, but understand why there could be. I'll clone the site later today.

I don't think I have access to mod_security with this host. That's in WHM (which I don't have access to), correct?
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• The favicon.ico is definitely being blocked by something and causing the 403 forbidden.

Regards, Mark.

Time to create page: 0.042 seconds