Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Gantry 4 Sites Upgrade for PHP

• vpgraphix
    • Hero Rocketeer

Gantry 4 Sites Upgrade for PHP

Posted 3 years 3 months ago
    • I've searched the forum and the Gantry 4 website for tutorials, I'm still a little lost. I have about 30 Gantry 4 websites that I've been ignoring the PHP updates on. I've tried to follow several forum threads and followed through to get solutions but I'm clearly still missing something important. I no longer have a developer membership, only template club so not sure if I have to manually download and upgrade all the templates used and if I can do so under my current RT Membership status?

I'm working on a site (see Secure area) today, I've followed various solved threads to try and make it compatible with 7.1 to 7.4 and site is only working on 7.0 still.

I have downloaded and updated Gantry Framework and Gantry Template today. All extensions and joomla are kept up to date regularly.

How do I get past 7.0 php?

Thanks.

Amberlee
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: Gantry 4 Sites Upgrade for PHP

• So, the example site you cited is using Oculus v1.6 - so yes, download the latest Oculus (standalone) package from out site (v1.10) and install in extensions manager (DO NOT uninstall first).

As ever, take a backup before updating anything.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
    • vpgraphix
    • Hero Rocketeer

• Thanks so much. Will I need to purchase a developer membership so that I can access all the old templates to upgrade then? I think my current membership only allows me 3 templates and I've used 2.

Thanks for the support as always!!
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• You've already got a Joomla club membership? That's all you need to download all the templateS?

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
    • vpgraphix
    • Hero Rocketeer

• I'm a template club level now.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• Yup so you have access to all templates in that club for the duration of that subscription.

Regards, Mark

Time to create page: 0.050 seconds