Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Using custom colours from template

• Marc
    • Jr. Rocketeer

Using custom colours from template

Posted 3 years 4 months ago
    • Hello there,

Just purchased RocketTheme templates and looking to find the best practices of using them. I'd like to use a custom.css file and I see it should be created in "custom/scss/custom.scss".

Within the custom file, I'd like to make use of colours from the template. E.g. $accent-color-1
      I understand I can use:
      @import "dependencies";

... to pull in all the variables. But say I "just" wanted to make use of colours:
      • Could I pull in only the colors.scss? If so, what would be the import path from the custom.scss?
      • Would it be much more efficent to just pull in the colors.scss, or does it make very little difference if I used dependancies?

Many thanks
      Marc
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: Using custom colours from template

Posted 3 years 4 months ago
    • What you've done is correct - so then you just use the variables in your own custom statements.

You should import "dependencies" and the top of your custom.scss because there are lots of other things that you will want to use too (breakpoints, scss mixins, etc) as well as Gantry 5 scss variables.

Regards, Mark.
    • The following users have thanked you: Marc

• Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.

Time to create page: 0.048 seconds