Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

New Outline in Gantry / Grav Theme Anacron gives big error, help please

• TheMac
    • Jr. Rocketeer

New Outline in Gantry / Grav Theme Anacron gives big error, help please

Posted 3 years 2 months ago
    • Hey all,
      It has been a little while, I have finally got back round to trying to set up a site using a template I bought (Anacron) on Grav with Gantry.

I thought I would make some new Gantry outlines for certain pages, but when I create new switch to copy from existing outline etc and leave it as Base Outline and go to confirm I get the following error;
      Oops, Failed to read index.yaml: file_get_contents(): read of 8192 bytes failed with errno=13 Permission denied.

I am currently hosting the site on a local machine using XAMPP until I had it ready to upload. Can anyone give me any pointers please, as I cannot move forward with this until I figure out the problem.

Many thanks in advance, and a happy new year.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: New Outline in Gantry / Grav Theme Anacron gives big error, help please

• As the error message states, your permissions on your files and folders appear to be incorrect, so...

1. Check files and folders are 644 and 755 respectively.
      2, Check owner/group is correct too.
      3. Check .htaccess file.
      4. check security log as mod_security rules may be incorrect.

Obviously as you are local on XAMPP I can't check to identify the exact cause. You may actually find it's easier todevelop on the actual site/server that you intend to use.

Regards, Mark.
    • The following users have thanked you: TheMac

• Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
    • TheMac
    • Jr. Rocketeer

• Hi Mr T,

Thank you for your quick and prompt response. I did think it would be file permissions but also thought that with it being local on a windows system it would be a non issue lol. As I am sure you can imagine local is always quicker and easier to fix things before moving to a live environment, although given the email setup there is merit in what you propose. I guess I need to secure it behind a passworded directory before it goes live.

Many thanks, and regards.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• There are a number of things you can do before it goes live...

1. Set the server up - but just don't point the domain at it yet (instead just use your local hosts table to point your domain at the server just for your own use.

2. put the site in "offline" mode.

3. add a "coming soon" as the default page and assign the "coming soon" outline to it.

In my opinion it's always best to develop on the actual server you intend to use - it really should not be any slower.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
    • TheMac
    • Jr. Rocketeer

• Hi Mark,

Well in fairness there was a kind of holding page in place and a domain was already in place for the previous joomla site before it went boom :p

But in another case, tryignt o run it on the live server I am seeing
      Fetch Failed
      403 Forbidden

Forbidden

Access to this resource on the server is denied!

Proudly powered by LiteSpeed Web ServerPlease be advised that LiteSpeed Technologies Inc. is not a web hosting company and, as such, has no control over content found on this site.
      Which as far as I can tell relates to the notifications on the left, but is a Grav thing not Gantry, and this one I will need to figure out :p.

Regards, Mac.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• It's not GRAV it's not Gantry. It's a permissions issue with access to file and folders. Ask you hosting company for assistance with resolving this. It's highly likely one of the items I already pointed out.

Please would you post your URL, admin id and pswd in the secure tab of your post and I'll have a look for you. Also, Please post your FTP logon, password and FTP URL in the secure area of your post.

Regards, Mark.

Time to create page: 0.049 seconds