Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

server change problems

• server change problems

Posted 3 years 1 month ago
    • Hi
      I've recently moved my sites to a new server. At first I thought all went pretty well. But I think that some strings might have pointed back to the old server. Having corrected that issue - I thought(!) - the pages worked as they should. But suddenly - when the pages eventually was erased from the old server, my problem started.

Now the site - www.art-by-carla.dk - won't load my template. And whenever I try to force Homepage links to use a specific template in Gantry it loads it from time to time. But then reverse to a layout without the template...

Unfortunately I also suffered a computer breakdown so my backups were deleted!

My issue is how to make the site use the RT Myriad templates that I made. And to have my frontpage appear as before... Wouldn't like to start all over!

If someone in your support team could take a quick look and tell me if there's something obviously wrong with the set up?

Yours sincerely
      Claus
      Accessinformation in secure section
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: server change problems

• Your assignments were incorrect and mult-lingual set-up incomplete.

I've corrected it as best I can so please take a look now and be specific about what is not correct now .

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
  • Re: server change problems

• Thank You - i know the set up was a litte confusing _ at least for me...

Btw I'm having problems editing rokgallery - do you think it's due to adobe's removal of flash from browsers and stuff?
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: server change problems

• Rokgallery is now a "legacy" extension meaning that we no longer support it anymore. We retired it for two reasons: first, it uses mootools which often conflicts with modern jQuery programs, and second, because it uses adobe flash which adobe has discontinued now (and browser actively discourage it's usage).

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.

Time to create page: 0.051 seconds