Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Menu will not display any article content

• Menu will not display any article content

Posted 2 years 2 months ago
    • I am working on converting an existing site to Orion template - It is in a test position and not live.

The menu is showing up fine, but not content is appearing. It did work on a different test site.

Just a note - I had to previously remove all of Advance Module Manager to make a different extension work - I do not want to put it back on.

The problem - clickin on menu link does nothing.

I been studying Gantry videos - but no solution yet.

Another question - I just tried adding a new extension (not gantry) and it will not show - could this also have anything to do with getting rid of Advanced module manager?
    • Last Edit: 2 years 2 months ago by William Schnute.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: Menu will not display any article content

• 1. Make sure the default outline (yellow starred in template manager) is "default".
      2. Make sure that the "default" outline has a "page content" particle on the layout of the outline.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
  • Re: Menu will not display any article content

• Thank you - I had just figured it out and was going to delete question - Selecting "default" template instead of home did the trick
      What good is the HOME template - to me it is just confusing and something to stay away from or better delete?
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: Menu will not display any article content

• The home template should be assign to the home menu item - then the layout content edited for your home page. The default template has a different structural layout to the home layout.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.

Time to create page: 0.037 seconds