Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Can I Copy The Hydrogen Template

• Can I Copy The Hydrogen Template

Posted 1 year 8 months ago
    • Can I copy the Gantry 5.5.14 / Hydrogen 5.5.14 template from my testing environment to my live environment without using Akeeba Backup / Kickstart? I've read the "Moving Custom Settings Between Themes" in the documentation BUT that doesn't seem to work for me. Maybe I missed something. I'm not getting my custom Layout for the Hydrogen theme or any of the Particles that I have placed there.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: Can I Copy The Hydrogen Template

Posted 1 year 8 months ago
    • Using Akeeba is the easiest way of copying a whole site from one location to another. It makes sure that the integrity of files and the database are maintained and does essential checks for htacess, log, tmp files etc. So, I highly recommend that you do that. Any manual method risks introducing errors.

The other document you refer to is for moving themes contents from ones site into an existing site. It is easy to make mistakes in this process so I only recommend it for experts.

Regards, Mark.
    • The following users have thanked you: James Borders

• Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.

Time to create page: 0.049 seconds