Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Page Rendering Question

• Page Rendering Question

Posted 1 year 8 months ago
    • I have just went LIVE on my production site using Gantry 5.5.14 / Hydrogen 5.5.14 on Joomla 3.10.11 and PHP 7.4.30. I am seeing a difference between the way the template renders on my production site vs. the way it renders on my test site. The Header, featured (module position), and Menu are displaying full width on my production site whereas they are displaying parital width on my test site. I'd like to have the margins on my live site like they are on my test site. However, as a newbie, I can't find the appropriate setting that controls that on my test site. Can you help or point me to what setting I nee to make?
      See screen shots below.

My site credentials are in the Secure section of this post.

This image is hidden for guests.
      Please log in or register to see it.

This image is hidden for guests.
      Please log in or register to see it.
    • Last Edit: 1 year 8 months ago by James Borders.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: Page Rendering Question

• I can't compare your site without getting logged off every minute - please do whatever you need to to stop me being logged off.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
  • Re: SOLVED Page Rendering Question

• Hi Mr.T:
      The auto-logout time is currently set to 15 minutes of inactivity. What would you like me to set it at? I can set it to whatever you want.
      James Borders
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• I get logged out in less than a minute, i can't do anything.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
  • Re: Page Rendering Question

• OK. I'll set the timeout at 120 minutes (2 hours). If that doesn't work for you then I'll have to check with my ISP to see if they've got some sort of timeout setting somewhere.

• Done. Set at 120
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• See screenshot showing the difference causing that (amongst several other differences that you need to check too).

Regards, Mark.
    • The following users have thanked you: James Borders

• Mr.T
      Thanks for looking into this for me. You were a BIG help finding the setting that I needed to change. You say in your last post that " (amongst several other differences that you need to check too)". Were the other changes just the ones where you have drawn the RED arrows or were they somewhere else? If somewhere else, can you tell me where?
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• on that same page you have several overrides (overriding the values et in the base outline) that you don't have on the other site.

1. overrides should only be used if you have a really good reason (otherwise just let the settings inherit from the base outline settings).
      2. Why does the one site have overrides and the other not at all? so why the difference?

Regards, Mark.
    • The following users have thanked you: James Borders

Time to create page: 0.067 seconds