Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Particles: disable them when not in use?

• Dave S
    • Hero Rocketeer

Particles: disable them when not in use?

Posted 1 year 5 months ago
    • Greetings

What's the best way to disable particles that aren't in use OTHER THAN deleting them entirely?

I have a bunch of particles I do not use but may use them in the future! :_)
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: Particles: disable them when not in use?

Posted 1 year 5 months ago
    • Errr, toggle them to disabled?

If the particle is on the layout of an outline just toggle the particle to disabled in the top right hand corner of the particle settings (changes from green to red). Or, you can disable the particle entirely (regardless of whether any instances are placed on a layout or not) by going to "particle defaults" tab of the base outline and again changing the toggle to disabled in top right of the particle (green to red).

All of that said, you still should not be adding any more particles to your template than you actually need. This is because regardless of whether the particle is used or not it's scss is still going to get compiled into the site and it's js still loaded too (still slowing your site down) - so my advice is don't do it.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.

Time to create page: 0.055 seconds