Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Joomla 4.2.3 MFA / Gantry Bug

• Joomla 4.2.3 MFA / Gantry Bug

Posted 1 year 6 months ago
    • It's been over 30 days since the MFA bug has been reported.

We really need this fixed and is holding up a few projects that require this security before they can go live.

How can we go about getting some focus on this issue?

Github Bug #3078
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: Joomla 4.2.3 MFA / Gantry Bug

Posted 1 year 6 months ago
    • I might be wrong but my understanding from reading that ticket is that all you need to do is created a hidden menu item of type login and then assign an outline to that which has a page content particle on the layout.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
  • Re: Joomla 4.2.3 MFA / Gantry Bug

Posted 1 year 18 hours ago
    • Hi Mark,

Coming back after six months and this is still not resolved, crazy. :/

We need to pour some gas on this major bug.

As per Nik, there are some fundamental flaws in Gantry that need to be addressed to be fully Joomla 4 compatible, not just with MFA, but other third party modules.
      https://github.com/akeeba/loginguard/issues/134

There have been more updates on this open bug.
      https://github.com/gantry/gantry5/issues/3078#issuecomment-1518893385

What can be done to get some focus and progress on eliminating these bugs ASAP?

I have a very important project in the works that specifically requires Multi-Factor Authentication for frontend clients and the experience has to be simple and flawless.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: Joomla 4.2.3 MFA / Gantry Bug

Posted 1 year 8 hours ago
    • Sorry but I cannot add anymore to what I've already stated. If there is a fix required then it has to come from the G5 project team rather than RT.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
  • Re: Joomla 4.2.3 MFA / Gantry Bug

Posted 8 months 6 days ago
    • Hi Mark,

It's been over nine months waiting for this bug to be resolved that is breaking core Joomla functionality with Rocket Templates.

You should really list a warning on the commercial template pages of this limitation because anyone looking to make a membership site with MFA security is going to be in for a rude awakening to find out after they spent money and time developing a site to find out critical functionality is broken with their only option of starting over with another template technology.

Other Page Builder / Frameworks don't suffer from this bug.

RocketThemes depend on Gantry 5. RocketTheme should be the ones applying pressure to get this resolved as it's hurting RocketTheme as a dependable partner for templates that are 100% compatible with Joomla.

I've been patient, but as more clients are asking about 2-FA security for their sites, I'm on the edge as I'll have to rebuild a lot of sites that I've put on RocketThemes over the year, with a competing technology.

The developer of Joomla's MFA system said it's only a few lines of code to correct that any seasoned Joomla developer would be able to resolve it in a few minutes to stop hiding component output.

Please make some phone calls and pour some gas on this, as Gantry's Github is basically a ghost town with 460+ open issues.

Time to create page: 0.053 seconds