Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Gantry compatible w/ J4.2.9 to 4.3.x upgrade?

• breeze
    • Hero Rocketeer

Gantry compatible w/ J4.2.9 to 4.3.x upgrade?

Posted 10 months 3 weeks ago
    • When the joomla released version 4.3.0 a couple of months back, it seemed like more than a minor upgrade so I've waited. Since my site extensions are from active developers — OS Solutions (joomdonation.com), RS Joomla and Akeeba — I planned to wait for their next updates before upgrading. Should I also wait for the next Gantry/Horizon release as well or am I over-thinking what is a minor joomla upgrade?
    • Karol Orzeł
    • Elite Rocketeer
    • One Crazy Dev

Re: Gantry compatible w/ J4.2.9 to 4.3.x upgrade?

Posted 10 months 2 weeks ago
    • Hello,

I understand your concern for ensuring everything runs smoothly with the new Joomla release. The upgrade from Joomla 4.2 to 4.3, while carrying a significant number, is a minor update in terms of compatibility and should not pose problems with well-maintained extensions such as those you mentioned, and certainly not with Gantry.

In fact, Gantry 5's developers strive to ensure it stays compatible with the latest Joomla releases and is updated accordingly, if needed. However, as with any update, it's always good practice to have a backup of your site and to test the update on a staging version of your site if possible, just to ensure everything works as expected.

In summary, it's unlikely you'd encounter issues updating to Joomla 4.3.0 with the latest version of Gantry/Horizon, but do ensure you have a recent backup just in case.

Best regards,
    • karolorzel.com
    • breeze
    • Hero Rocketeer

Posted 10 months 2 weeks ago
    • Thanks Karol for your response. Upgraded and things seem to be working well.
  • Re: Gantry compatible w/ J4.2.9 to 4.3.x upgrade?

Posted 8 months 2 weeks ago
    • Just don't expect core login functionality to work. If you use MFA security on the front end, it will fail miserably. Also, the password reset function is also screwed up, so be prepared to do manual password resets from the backend for users until they issue a fix.

This is all because they suppress component output, which Joomla developers rage against.

I've had a bug for the MFA submited for over nine months and it hasn't been touched. I just discovered the password reset bug yesterday on all client sites.

If you're not using frontend login functionality, you're fine.
    • breeze
    • Hero Rocketeer

Posted 5 months 2 weeks ago
    • We don't use the front end for any maintance activity or updates. Thanks for the insight though. We've since upgraded to J 4.4 and will eventually get to Joomla 5 after it's been aged a few months longer.

Time to create page: 0.054 seconds