Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Redirect Custom Error page?

• Rod
    • Elite Rocketeer

Redirect Custom Error page?

Posted 5 months 3 days ago
    • Without getting into too much detail.. I am rebuilding my VurtialMart shop with J4 When A payment failes at autherize.net in J3 it returns the user back to the cart page.. With My new set up its throwing the custom Error page.. I Can't figure out what is wrong.. looking for work arounds.. edit the custom error page ? ( Add There was was an error in proceseesing your payment, please return to the cart and check the info ) reirect to the cart Page?

J4
      Latest Gantry..
    • Last Edit: 5 months 3 days ago by Rod.
    • Heavy Duty Truck Parts
      NJ Fishing
      Beach Haven Fishing Charters
    • Matt
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • messin' with stuff

Re: Redirect Custom Error page?

• The error page is thrown when a non 2xx response is returned for a given page...

So auth.net is failing and returning some kinda response code to VirtueMart... Virtuemart needs to handle and process that accordingly, but it sounds like it's not and is instead letting Joomla handle it... and/or VirtueMart is looking for a particular page (are you seeing a 404 on the error page?) that doesn't exist
    • Last Edit: 5 months 3 days ago by Matt.
    • SEARCH the forum first! These boards are rich in knowledge and vast in topics. This includes searching just the 'Solved' forums, using Google, and using ChatGPT :woohoo:
    • Rod
    • Elite Rocketeer

• This Is What I get.. 0 You have not supplied a valid HTTP status code

You can see the notification, but I should be in check out..

Any Detailed on why this is happening will also help.. this is an issue with the new VM My J3 VM 3 Is fine. Iv'e brought it up there to the VM team and they are not sure why this is happening...
    • Heavy Duty Truck Parts
      NJ Fishing
    • Matt
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • messin' with stuff

• aye, 0 would indeed not be a 2xx response...

you may be able to get some clues to the nature of the issue from your browser's console... either directly in console or in the XHR Request/Response logs.... if nothing there then check your Apache Access/Error logs... I'm not super familiar with Joomla error logging, but it's got an error.php file I believe you can edit to log errors in an error log file.... if you set Error Reporting to Debug and/or maximum it should print on screen. Lastly, usually payment plugins have their own "debug" options you can enable for troubleshooting transactions, though I'm unsure if that would actually help in this scnario.
    • Last Edit: 5 months 3 days ago by Matt.
    • SEARCH the forum first! These boards are rich in knowledge and vast in topics. This includes searching just the 'Solved' forums, using Google, and using ChatGPT :woohoo:
    • Rod
    • Elite Rocketeer

• I tried that.. in the exstention and didn't see anything on the page.. I'll have to see where to find the log file.. also.. when I refresh the page and hit resen.. it takes me to where I need to be..

Worst Case.. I customize the error page and tell them that there was an issue with your information and the payment was declined.. please click here to retun to your cart and check your data... ?

Then My question would be what would be the easest way to copy of the look and layout and such...
    • Heavy Duty Truck Parts
      NJ Fishing
    • Matt
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • messin' with stuff

• yeah... but if you customize the Error Outline that way, it'll be for all non 2xx errors... most common would pages that don't exist (404)

docs.gantry.org/gantry5/tutorials/customize-the-error-page

Time to create page: 0.062 seconds