Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Different column widths?

• Different column widths?

Posted 13 years 10 months ago
    • Hi Guys,

Love Gantry, but I am running into the fixed column widths. I need a smaller column on the left of the mainbody and a wider one on the right. As far as I can see this isn't possible?

If not, perhaps that's something to add, since there are many websites that have different width columns. Especially a smaller one in the middle, for example. I can live with the fixed overall width due to the 960 grid, but having fixed columns is a bit too inflexible.

Thanks,
      Tom
  • Re: Different column widths?

• I've seen the option to change this in the newer templates (or something along those lines :) )...but it's a matter of css...if you could provide link and widths perhaps we can check if something is possible 8)

• Thanks for responding :)

I had to skip Gantry templates due to this missing option, so right now I have no template. However, I would like to have a more general solution, not just fixed on one template.

What I recall is that it's not just css, in the sense that there are a lot of dependencies, not just a percentage or px change in one or two places.

Thanks,
      Tom

• I've changed so many things (both in J! and Gantry) that I can't recall what I had to do :) but I did check it now (Crystalline template in any case), and it's part of the Gantry now :) There are sliders for all the module positions where you can manipulate the space each column gets (like 8 different settings for each).
    • Kat05
    • Preeminent Rocketeer

Re: Different column widths?

Time to create page: 0.065 seconds