Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Occasional Error In gantryflatfile.php

• Occasional Error In gantryflatfile.php

Posted 13 years 11 months ago
    • Once in a while, I seem to get these errors on my site:

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /var/www/clients/client3/website5/web/components/com_gantry/core/gantryflatfile.class.php on line 150: Constant ASCENDING already defined
      [phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /var/www/clients/client3/website5/web/components/com_gantry/core/gantryflatfile.class.php on line 152: Constant DESCENDING already defined

This is an error that shows up to users, despite the fact that display_errors is disabled. It typically shows up when trying to display a list from a database.

Am I correct in assuming that disabling the Gantry cache will prevent this error from showing up again?

How do I fix the underlying problem?
    • Frank Gore
      www.friendlyphotozone.com
      THE Place to Discuss Photography
    • Kat05
    • Preeminent Rocketeer

Re: Occasional Error In gantryflatfile.php

• hi there,

do you have a link to your site and any guidance on how we may be able to replicate this error?
      also, which version of gantry are you using? the latest is 2.5.6, you may want to update if needed:
      www.gantry-framework.org/documentation/joomla/basics/upgrading

thanks, kat :)
    • Kat05 / QA Lead & Support / Germany
  • Re: Occasional Error In gantryflatfile.php

• It's completely random, but it's happening somewhat frequently. It's never happened to me, I'm just copy/pasting the error that other people are reporting from the site. When the error shows up, performing the same task again seems to work just fine. Disabling Gantry Cache does not seem to prevent it.

I've upgraded from Gantry 2.5.5 to 2.5.6 and will see if that resolves the problem.

The site can be found at www.friendlyphotozone.com
    • Frank Gore
    • Kat05
    • Preeminent Rocketeer

• hi again,

please let us know in case the issue gets reported again with 2.5.6.
      i have posted a ticket to our developers to take a look too, but because it is only random and the first time mentioned in the forum it may take a while to figure this out.

kat :)

• So far I haven't gotten any other complaint. I'll be sure to come raging and screaming in an irrational manner if someone complain. I hear that kind of attitude gets the best results :cheesy:
    • Frank Gore
    • Kat05
    • Preeminent Rocketeer

• GoremanX wrote:
      So far I haven't gotten any other complaint. I'll be sure to come raging and screaming in an irrational manner if someone complain. I hear that kind of attitude gets the best results :cheesy:
      ehe, hope to get some good news soon, no shouting please! :cheesy:

• A user reported the error again:
      [phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /var/www/clients/client3/website5/web/components/com_gantry/core/gantryflatfile.class.php on line 151: Constant ASCENDING already defined
      [phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /var/www/clients/client3/website5/web/components/com_gantry/core/gantryflatfile.class.php on line 153: Constant DESCENDING already defined

He was trying to edit his Community Builder profile. He clicked on the "Edit Profile" link and got that error message. For other people, it happens in completely different places. Since this error happens randomly, and in completely different places, could it be caused by some kind of race condition?
    • Frank Gore

• I have a more in-depth error message report from one of my users now. He clicked on a link to view another member's Community Builder profile and the page that came up had 2 sets of error messages:

This was at the top of the page, above the header, on a white background:
      [phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /var/www/clients/client3/website5/web/components/com_gantry/core/gantryflatfile.class.php on line 151: Constant ASCENDING already defined
      [phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /var/www/clients/client3/website5/web/components/com_gantry/core/gantryflatfile.class.php on line 153: Constant DESCENDING already defined

And this was contained within the page, inside the comprofiler component:
      [phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /var/www/clients/client3/website5/web/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_jfusionintegration/jfusion.php on line 92: Trying to get property of non-object
      [phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /var/www/clients/client3/website5/web/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_jfusionintegration/jfusion.php on line 92: Trying to get property of non-object

(yes, same line twice in a row)

Line 151 of gantryflatfile.class.php states:
      define('ASCENDING', 1);

Line 153 states:
      define('DESCENDING', -1);

Line 92 of file jfusion.php states:
      if (!$my->guest && $my->id == $user->id) {

I don't see any correlation between those things... I hope it's not just a coincidence. My next step is to move the site to a server with more up-to-date versions of PHP, Apache and MySQL.

I'm currently running:
      Apache 2.2.12
      PHP 5.2.10
      MySQL 5.1.37

The new server will be running:
      Apache 2.2.14
      PHP 5.3.2
      MySQL 5.1.41
    • Frank Gore
    • Kat05
    • Preeminent Rocketeer

• hi again,

please let us know how the site will work out on the new server.

thanks, kat :)

Posted 13 years 10 months ago
    • Alright, got more again. There seems to be a pattern here:
      [phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file/var/www/clients/client3/website5/web/components/com_gantry/core/renderers/gantrymainbodyrenderer.class.php on line 90: Undefined index: mb10-sa2
      [phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file/var/www/clients/client3/website5/web/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_jfusionintegration/jfusion.phpon line 92: Trying to get property of non-object
      [phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file/var/www/clients/client3/website5/web/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_jfusionintegration/jfusion.phpon line 92: Trying to get property of non-object

The pattern? These errors always come up when a user is trying to do something involving Community Builder, and almost always something to do with profiles (editing their own, viewing their own or others').

Could it be an incompatibility? Again, these are very occasional, but persistent. I'm still leaning in the direction of a race condition...
    • Frank Gore

Time to create page: 0.070 seconds