Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

GZipper not working with Akeeba Utilities .htaccess

• Malestorm
    • Rocketeer
    • Art Restoration & Sales, Tech Contractor

GZipper not working with Akeeba Utilities .htaccess

Posted 13 years 4 months ago
    • I am trying to get my website working with Akeeba Admin Utilities product which generates secure .htaccess files for Joomla websites.

There are a couple of issues with Gantry GZipper working with the resulting .htaccess. I think the solution to the problem is as simple as granting the proper file / directory exceptions so that the zippering process can work correctly.

When using GZipper and with the generated .htaccess, an Error Message shows up on the Firebug console that refers to a file with an incompletely formed file name >> "NetworkError: 404 NOT FOUND - htttp://creativesnap.com/component/option,com_com_gantry/Itemid,/" My guess is that the .htaccess file is interfering with the running of the zippering process resulting in this bad file name. Below is what the resulting screen looks like (its header and navigation are deforms and there is only a single column where there should be many).

This image is hidden for guests.
      Please log in or register to see it.

Of course once the screen is generated with a clean cache, the bad css file reference gets into cache. The resulting error message receive when running from cache is >> The stylesheet creativesnap.com/component/option,com_com_gantry/Itemid,/ was not loaded because its MIME type, "text/html", is not "text/css".

So, my questions is can you tell me what file / directory exceptions I need to make to the .htaccess so that the GZippering process can run correctly? I have attached a copy of the current generated .htaccess. You will notice I have already added exceptions for cache, components/com_Gantry, components/com_Gantry/css and other directories that I thought might be involved in the process.
    • Ben Lee
    • Elite Rocketeer

Re: GZipper not working with Akeeba Utilities .htaccess

• This is a known issue and is buried in the Akeeba documentation to not use RokGzipper or the Gantry Zipper in conjunction with these utilities.

Unfortunately, there isn't a workaround for now.
    • NZD - Jonathan
    • Hero Rocketeer
    • CEO, NZD Securities

Re: GZipper not working with Akeeba Utilities .htaccess

• The only workaround for this issue is to firstly install the Akkeba to recieve the forced secure files. And then do a backup, uninstall Akkeba, and patch those current files that would have been forced and then enable gzipper. Hope this helps.

Time to create page: 0.055 seconds