Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Gantry 1.25 Update Breaks Mobile Menus

• Gantry 1.25 Update Breaks Mobile Menus

Posted 11 years 8 months ago
    • I've have discovered that any of my sites that have the Gantry 1.25 update applied have mobile menus that no longer function via iPhone with iOS 5 on Safari. It has also cause a few layout issues with Serpentis 1.0, a Gantry based theme I purchased from Themeforest, not developed by Rocket Theme. The mobile menu issue is evident on the new Halcyon theme for WordPress demoed on the Rocket Theme site, presumably with the Gantry update.

Reverting back to the 1.24 version, has resolved these issues for me. Hoping these and other bugs with the update get fixed.

Thank you.
      :cheesy:
    • Shazdeh
    • Elite Rocketeer

Re: Gantry 1.25 Update Breaks Mobile Menus

• Thank you very much for reporting the issue. As it turns out a CSS change in 1.25 caused this. This will be fixed in 1.26 release, but a temporary solution to the issue is, open wp-content/plugins/gantry/css/iphone-gantry.css file and change line 56 from:

#rt-menu , #rt-menu .rt-container {position:relative;z-index:10000;overflow: hidden;}

to:

#rt-menu , #rt-menu .rt-container {position:relative;z-index:10000;}

so we remove the overflow:hidden declaration. Flush the cache and it will work just fine. 8)
      Again, thank you, and please let us know if there are other bugs.
    • Please don't PM unless requested ;)
      Consider using the custom stylesheet for all your CSS customizations: gantry-framework.org/documentation/wordp...custom_stylesheet.md .
      Please provide the URL to the issue.
      And please mark the thread as solved if the issue is resolved.
    • RalfH
    • Sr. Rocketeer

• Had the same isue - thnx for this fix!
    • miquael
    • Jr. Rocketeer

Posted 11 years 6 months ago
    • Hi. I have Gantry 1.26 already installed, and the mobile menus are still not showing up at all when viewed on an iphone: www.sacredvoyages.com

I checked the wp-content/plugins/gantry/css/iphone-gantry.css file anyway, and it already has the change you prescribed. What else could be the issue?
    • Shazdeh
    • Elite Rocketeer

• Do you have a Gantry Mobile Menu widget in the Mobile Navigation position? This is the position Gantry uses by default (you can change that in theme settings page -> iPhone tab) to render the navigation position in mobile views, so a menu widget should be added there.
    • Please don't PM unless requested ;)
      Consider using the custom stylesheet for all your CSS customizations: gantry-framework.org/documentation/wordp...custom_stylesheet.md .
      Please provide the URL to the issue.
      And please mark the thread as solved if the issue is resolved.
    • miquael
    • Jr. Rocketeer

• Ah, yes that was it! I had a mobile menu widget in there, and it was removed during a project restore. Thank you!

Time to create page: 0.049 seconds