Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

SOLVED Gantry - Sidebar-a appears on the wrong side

• Kat05
    • Preeminent Rocketeer

Re: SOLVED Gantry - Sidebar-a appears on the wrong side

Posted 11 years 4 months ago
    • Then I came back to check another page, where I wanted my 3 module layout to work (3-6-3).
      This page have nothing published in sidebar-a so, I was assuming that my sidebar-b was on the right of my mainbody because I had set my sidebar-a to the left in the 2 module layout.

Surprise, my modules published in sidebar-b skip to the left.
      hi there,

if you have a module in sidebar-b and NO module in sidebar-a, then the sidebar-b module will render as a sidebar-a module, therefore it shows on the left and not on the right. so the override you created is the only way to have the sidebar-b on the right side like you wanted.

hope this helps, kat :)
    • Kat05 / QA Lead & Support / Germany
    • SGF

Posted 11 years 3 months ago
    • Hello,

I have a similar problem on our website www.geosoc.fr . You have only sidebar-a with module appear only on some page. In the case of sidebar-a is not present. On my homepage, i want just to appear mainbody and for now, I have a blank...at the place of sidebar-a. And the same thing on th page where i don't have module in sidebar-a : www.geosoc.fr/manifestation/agenda-des-r...s-colloques-sgf.html

I got my master template with a 2 module layout (sidebar-a - Mainbody (3-9)).

Thank you for your help. Séb :)
    • SGF

• I have assigned override templates just with Mainbody - Position 1 without Side-bar a but when i save, i return to 2 positions, SA + mb.....

Séb :oops:
    • David Goode
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer and Host

• Hi Séb

If you can imagine that the template can only show one layout setting per position then it makes sense that the default display will be based on your home page. So if your home page has modules published to sidebar-a the default view will show mainbody layout with the 2 in bold and the slider will show how that will be displayed.

If you click on 1 above the slider you will see how the page will be displayed. It will show just the mainbody. All of these settings are saved individually in your template, it is just that you cannot see them all on the screen as there are too many combinations :cheesy:

I have no idea why your sidebar is displayed when no content. Can you PM me with a temporary Super Admin access please and I will take a look to see what the cause may be. Please include the link to this post for ease of reference.

• Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information

Time to create page: 0.042 seconds