Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Registration Landing Page is empty

• Registration Landing Page is empty

Posted 11 years 3 months ago
    • Recently students started registering on bushokai.com and after submitting their registration the landing page is blank and does not tell the user about following up with their email to continue the registration process. I am attaching a picture of the landing page that displays after a user presses the submit button.
      This image is hidden for guests.
      Please log in or register to see it.

All of the other functions of the registration function seem to work properly.....the emails are all sent properly and activation works fine and the registrants are logging in without problems.

I received an email from another Joomla forum that indicated I should update the Gantry framework. I updated to 4.1.7 but still no text on the registration landing page. But when the update completes I received the following error message........."Another menu item with the same parent has this alias...Error building Admin Menus. Here is the picture of that install error.
      This image is hidden for guests.
      Please log in or register to see it.

I have reviewed all of the menus and cannot find anything that would indicate an error. Here are details about the site.
      www.bushokai.com
      JOOMLA v2.5.9
      GANTRY v4.1.7

this is very frustrating and I would appreciate any help with this.
      Thanks
      John A.
    • Kat05
    • Preeminent Rocketeer

Re: Registration Landing Page is empty

• hi john,

no worries, your gantry update was successful despite the message about.
      "Another menu item with the same parent has this alias...Error building Admin Menus."

that message is actually caused by a joomla core issue and can not only affect gantry but also other non-rockettheme extensions.

anyways, nothing to worry about, gantry should be running just fine.

regarding the empty landing page, i will see if i can recreate this issue locally, then i will post back with the results later on today.

kat :)
    • Kat05 / QA Lead & Support / Germany
    • Kat05
    • Preeminent Rocketeer

• hi again,

i have done some testing on both j2.5.9 and j3.0.3 and in both i get the system message showing correctly.

did you maybe disable the system messages in the levithan template features?
      also, in the user manager options, what do you have set for 'New User Account Activation'?

kat :)
  • Re: Registration Landing Page is empty

• WOW. I feel really stupid. I can't believe that I overlooked on simple step in the template admin. I set the switch to ON and the message is working perfectly.
      Kat.....Thank you so much for your assistance with this. I was having a Senior moment when I put this in.
      Thanks again and I appreciate all that Rocket Theme does.
      Sincerely,
      John Akers
    • Kat05
    • Preeminent Rocketeer

• John Akers wrote:
      WOW. I feel really stupid. I can't believe that I overlooked on simple step in the template admin. I set the switch to ON and the message is working perfectly.
      Kat.....Thank you so much for your assistance with this. I was having a Senior moment when I put this in.
      Thanks again and I appreciate all that Rocket Theme does.
      Sincerely,
      John Akers
      no worries, glad i could help. :D

Time to create page: 0.045 seconds