Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

500 silent failure in template backend

• landed
    • Hero Rocketeer
    • I'm into Stylish things that just look good and function well.

500 silent failure in template backend

Posted 11 years 2 months ago
    • from the url administrator/index.php?option=com_gantry&view=template&layout=edit&id=10

So in other words tryign to edit the template details from the backend.

I have disabled the gantry plugin and seen that the normal com_tempalte then called and it kind of works so the issue IMO comes from the start of the plugin redirecting to com_gantry...

So other people have had this issue pls see - groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/gantry-f...la-users/WS7IsquH9vs

I am trying to cast a wider net now since there appears to not be a solution yet. Myself I am trying to get some error code back the joomla debug reporting if enabled isnt helpful reporting just

Call stack
      # Function Location
      1 JAdministrator->dispatch() JROOT/administrator/index.php:54
      2 JError::raiseError() JROOT/administrator/includes/application.php:169
      3 JError::raise() JROOT/libraries/legacy/error/error.php:242

??? thanks for insightful answers :shock:
    • landed
    • Hero Rocketeer

Re: 500 silent failure in template backend

• in the plugin we get the following - 2 requests actually happen for some reason and the second one fails us (check the google groups link above for my full debug)

if (array_key_exists('option', $_REQUEST) && array_key_exists('task', $_REQUEST)) {

doesnt ring true as I found that task is missing and so we get that whole code block returning nothing or doing nothing rather I dont think its a return thing. This is a plugin event and it should be ok that it does not compute this should not halt the framework building the page...except that we are redirecting to a com_gantry situation so I think this is really the issue there is no output or error.
    • Kat05
    • Preeminent Rocketeer

• hi there,

could you send me your link and super admin details via pm to take a closer look?

thanks, kat :)
    • Kat05 / QA Lead & Support / Germany
    • Kat05
    • Preeminent Rocketeer

• hi again,

i published the gantry system plugin again and installed rokupdatesclean on your site but i still see some issues.

i have set error reporting to maximum on your site and i see an error briefly showing when i try to access the template settings:
      Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in ../administrator/components/com_gantry/models/template.php on line 336

when i go to the global configuration and enable system and language debug, then clear joomla cache and go back to the template settings, then they actually show up fine.

it seems when i disable debug again, then the template settings are again failing with the above notice.

can you disable the debug that's currently appearing in the top left of the admin section, clear joomla cache and see what happens?

thanks, kat :)
    • Kat05 / QA Lead & Support / Germany
    • landed
    • Hero Rocketeer

• Thanks for taking a look - I took out the debug - which was showing me the double redirect and it is now working again for the moment. I suppose it could have been a cache thing. Thanks for taking a look anyway and I am interested if anyone else gets here too.

/plugins/system/gantry/gantry.php is where the redirect can be seen based upon option and task around line 103.

But thanks for taking the time to help - it has helped and I am back in business.

:P

Time to create page: 0.054 seconds