Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Fusion Menu Orientation

• Fusion Menu Orientation

Posted 11 years 2 months ago
    • Hello,

I'm a bit new to Gantry and I'm trying to style my main menu. I would like the menu to slide-up or "drop up" instead of downwards, and it appears that the fusion menu already has the ability to do this, but I am unsure where to change the value to where my menus will drop up instead of down.

What makes me conclude that this is a simple option that already exists is the fact that fusion.js has the following line in it:
      if(this.subMenuType=="init"&&this.options.orientation=="horizontal"&&this.options.direction.y=="up")

However, fusion.js is a compact/lite version of the script, with no spaces or breaks, and it is a bit cumbersome to read through something like that. On the Gantry Menu widget itself, there is no option to set a menu to drop "up" or "down". I don't mind hand-coding the option but I need a bit of guidance. Could anyone help me direct to the right location in which I should do this?

Thank you! :cheesy:
    • Last Edit: 11 years 1 month ago by missydecoded.
    • Shazdeh
    • Elite Rocketeer

Re: Fusion Menu Orientation

• Hi!
      FusionMenu supports this feature but there's no option for it in the Gantry Menu widget settings. Please try this, open up your_theme/html/gantrymenu/themes/gantry_fusion/layout.php. This file does the work of rendering the menu and menu items and also adds the Fusion's scripts and stylesheets to the page. Find this line:
      new Fusion('ul.menutop', {
      where it outputs the JavaScript codes to call the FusionMenu. Now add this below that line:
      direction:{x:"right",y:"up"},
      and now your menu flies upward.
    • Please don't PM unless requested ;)
      Consider using the custom stylesheet for all your CSS customizations: gantry-framework.org/documentation/wordp...custom_stylesheet.md .
      Please provide the URL to the issue.
      And please mark the thread as solved if the issue is resolved.
  • Re: Fusion Menu Orientation

• That was quite a fast response! Thank you, Shazdeh. The solution was easier than I thought :)

I'm still having a slight problem though, and I'm not sure if I should just use the current post or another thread with a similar issue (would be a necro).

I was having the same problem with the fly-up menu as on this thread:
      www.rockettheme.com/forum/index.php?f=20...66693&rb_v=viewtopic

After the adjustments, the submenu would originate from the actual menu in all browsers within my system (Firefox/Chrome - OSX), with exception of Safari. I am unsure why that is so, since it does work on Chrome. Any suggestions?

Posted 11 years 1 month ago
    • Nevermind, seems the actual problem was having more than one gantry menu per page; for whatever reason it cancels out the javascript for it. I just made a standard menu and will live with that for now. Thanks!
    • Shazdeh
    • Elite Rocketeer

Re: Fusion Menu Orientation

• Hi,
      FusionMenu is a mega menu solution and supposedly, you wouldn't have two mega menus in one page :cheesy: , the JavaScript code will break. But of course, you can add as many SplitMenu menus as you like and it will work just fine.
    • Please don't PM unless requested ;)
      Consider using the custom stylesheet for all your CSS customizations: gantry-framework.org/documentation/wordp...custom_stylesheet.md .
      Please provide the URL to the issue.
      And please mark the thread as solved if the issue is resolved.

• that makes sense, Shazdeh, thanks!

Time to create page: 0.042 seconds