2 items / $48.00 Checkout

SOLVED Font Awesome is not working

• Kevin M
    • Sr. Rocketeer

SOLVED Font Awesome is not working

Posted 10 years 5 months ago
    • I read this thread:
      www.rockettheme.com/forum/index.php?f=33...06092&rb_v=viewtopic

It clearly says Font Awesome would be updated in Gantry 4.1.15 and I am using Gantry 4.1.20 on the Stratos template and I do not get Font Awesome 3.2.1. I am trying to use "icon-usd" that I found on the 3.2.1 cheatsheet page but it is not available to me.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: SOLVED Font Awesome is not working

• Could you please post a URL to your site so we can look for you. Without a link to page where the problem is on your site it is quite hard for us to provide the best solution due to so many variables. We try to provide file names and line numbers for code changes and if changes have already been made then our advice may be incorrect.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
    • Kevin M
    • Sr. Rocketeer

• I have not put the site online yet, the problem is easy to identify though and I installed the demo site to test with and it does the same thing. Try and put "icon-usd" in the Menu Icon parameter on the menu and it goes blank when it should show a $ symbol, in fact try and put any of the denominations in and none of them work. Regardless if I am using Gantry 4.1.20 the template is not using Font Awesome 3.2.1.

The thing there isn't anything for you to see, the menu works with icons that are available for the version of Font Awesome that show on the templates demo " demo.rockettheme.com/joomla/stratos/features/typography ". Clearly you can see the dollar icon is not available in this version..
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• I just tried this on my own rocketlauncher copy of the template and it worked just fine? So I need to see you site to determine why it does not work for you.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
    • Kevin M
    • Sr. Rocketeer

• That means it is either something with my local testing platform or the configuration I am using. Thanks MrT as long as I know it is supposed to work I can troubleshoot it from here...

Time to create page: 0.050 seconds