Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

SOLVED Mainbody Layout Not Saving in Override template

• SOLVED Mainbody Layout Not Saving in Override template

Posted 9 years 11 months ago
    • Hi

I have the Leviathan v1.5 template and that is currently running on gantry v4.1.24 and joomla 3.3.0

I have created an override and ty to make the mainbody show on a specific page as just one position to make it fill the whole horisontal width. But when i save, close the override and get back in again it has defaulted back to the positions the master template has got (2 positions) and I cannot get it to work, any suggestions?

Thanks
      Perra
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: SOLVED Mainbody Layout Not Saving in Override template

• That is not how you control the number of positions - that is merely a toggle in template manager so you can view the different layouts - so it's irrelevant what it actually shows when you go into template manager. The layout used is determined by how many module postions are actually published to that page.

A lot of members struggle to understand how Gantry positions work - but our MOD DanG has written this brilliant tutorial to explain it... http://www.rockettheme.com/forum/gantry-framework/189390

Of course you should also look at the Gantry documentation too which can be found at http://gantry-framework.org .

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
  • Re: SOLVED Mainbody Layout Not Saving in Override template

• ok, thanks for the info.
      Im not sure if I explained it clearly... but I will try and ask it like this :) :

Is it possible on a menu item to create a override and have the menu articlt item display on the entire width of the template regardless on how the main (other not overrided items) are created and layed out?

And I can as it is now switch the 2 mainbody positions I have so i get the "mainbody <-> sidebar" or "sidebar <-> mainbody" and it is saved in the override. but i would like my content displayed on a singe mainbody layout without the sidebar... and that does not save on the override... but I guess I miss something how this works... I cand figure out from the links you gave me any other ways then what i thought i was doing.

thanks again!
      Perra
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• To determine what modules are shown with an article that article has to be referenced by a menu item (i.e. not orphaned or "menuless"). Once this is done, you will then be able to say what modules should show on the same "page" (menu item) as your article.

Use the hidden-menu technique.

Create a MENU called "hidden" (no need to create a module to place it anywhere). In the hidden menu, create a MENU ITEM for each of the orphaned articles (single article type) and make sure these menu items are published. Now the hidden menu won't appear on any of your pages, but, the articles will now open in their own page.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.

• I have created a menu item, and im attaching the result of that article here for reference.

As you can see on the left hand side, i do not have anything published, but still its a gap... And if I change the mainbody layout i can set that on the left having the right hand empty...

//Perra
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• Please would you post your URL, superuser id and pswd in the secure tab of your post and i'll have a look for you. I cannot debug a screenshot.

Regards, Mark.

• This message contains only secure information that is visible to MrT, moderators and administrators
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• How do I navigate to that article? (so I see same as your screenshot)

Regards, Mark.

• the menu called "Sport" and then "Arkivlopp"
      thanks!
      //Perra
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• You have a module called "Evanemangskarta" (Ohannah Event Map) published to that menu item (which just happens to have no content).

Once I unpublished that module it worked ok (I republished it again after).

Regards, Mark.
    • The following users have thanked you: Per-Olof Olsson

Time to create page: 0.042 seconds