Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

SOLVED Syndication feed missing on certain pages

• Jim
    • Jr. Rocketeer

SOLVED Syndication feed missing on certain pages

Posted 9 years 10 months ago
    • Using Joomla 3.3 and latest Gantry template I have a syndication feed module set to display on 3 menu items. It shows on one of these but is entirely missing from the others. Is this a bug?

The page that shows correctly is a category blog menu and the others are single article types. Firebug shows a correct div for rt-sidebar-c but is immediately followed by an end div.
      A different module (custom html) shows correctly in the same position on one of the same pages that have the missing syndication feed.
      Can anyone explain what is going on here please?
    • David Goode
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer and Host

Re: SOLVED Syndication feed missing on certain pages

• Hi Jim,

Without a link to page where the problem is on your site it is quite hard for us to provide the best solution due to so many variables. We try to provide file names and line numbers for code changes and if changes have already been made then our advice may be incorrect.

Can you please post a link to the problem and we will do our best to assist you.

• Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information
    • Jim
    • Jr. Rocketeer

• Thanks for the offer.
      In fact I have now removed the rss feed as I also subsequently discovered that viewing the feed shows up certain tags which in the web page are invisble eg {call to a js plugin}. This problem which I understand is unavoidable, makes offering a feed from these pages undesirable.
      Thanks anyway.
    • David Goode
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer and Host

• Hi there,

Glad you found a solution and thanks for posting it back as it may help others 8)

• Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information

Time to create page: 0.046 seconds