Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

SOLVED Cannot click in Gantry template admin, Uncaught TypeError: Object function

• SOLVED Cannot click in Gantry template admin, Uncaught TypeError: Object function

Posted 9 years 10 months ago
    • Hi, I am unable to click on any buttons, or navigate between the gantry template tabs in the backend - Extensions-Template Manager for rt_fracture-Default. I upgraded to J3.3.1 yesterday, and am using Gantry 4.1.24. There are no updates to be applied in the update manager. Site is www.newcastlespermdonors.com.au/index.php . The rest of the website is working fine, it is just the gantry template that I cannot navigate around, or click anything on.

The error I receive in error console is Uncaught TypeError: Object function (){c(this);if(d.$prototyping)return this;this.$caller=null;var a=this.initialize?this.initialize.apply(this,arguments):this;this.$caller=this.caller=null;return a} has no method 'init' index.php?option=com_gantry&view=template&layout=edit&id=7:113

I notice in the forums that it talks about interactions with other plugins. The only component that I have installed are akeeba backup, akeeba admin tools and RS Forms Pro.

Does anyone know how to fix this issue?

Thanks, Nicola
    • Who?
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Joomla freelancer

Re: SOLVED Cannot click in Gantry template admin, Uncaught TypeError: Object function

• Try to clear Joomla cache and reinstall the Gantry framework. Try just for the test remove Admin tools
    • Check my services at: Mihha-Vision
  • Re: SOLVED Cannot click in Gantry template admin, Uncaught TypeError: Object function

• Do I install it over top of the existing gantry framework, or do I remove the existing gantry component first?
    • DanG
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Custom work done

Re: SOLVED Cannot click in Gantry template admin, Uncaught TypeError: Object function

• Nicola Fleming wrote:
      Do I install it over top of the existing gantry framework, or do I remove the existing gantry component first?
      Switch to a Joomla template.
      Uninstall Gantry
      Refresh caches
      Install Gantry

If you still have error then check Admin -> Site or System -> System Information -> PHP Information -> Core -> memory_limit. It should be a minimum of 64MB or preferably higher.

If thats OK then the best way to debug this is to grab a free copy of Akeeba backup and clone your site to a subfolder. Then on the debug site start UNINSTALLING your NON-Joomla/Rockettheme plugins one by one till you find the culprit.

I will say I've never seen Akeeba backup, Akeeba admin tools and RS Forms Pro have such an effect with Gantry.
    • The following users have thanked you: Nicola Fleming

• Re: SOLVED Cannot click in Gantry template admin, Uncaught TypeError: Object function

• Thank you Dan.
      I selected protostar template for the site, then uninstalled gantry component (administration type), then cleared cached & purged expired cache, then installed the gantry framework 4.1.24. Then reselected fracture as the default site template. Once I went into the template manager, I was able to swap between tabs and click buttons. Hooray!

I didn't have to disable akeeba backup, akeeba admin tools, or RS Forms Pro.

Regards, Nicola
    • DanG
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Custom work done

• Nicola Fleming wrote:
      Hooray!

Awesome! See you around the forum ;)

Time to create page: 0.049 seconds