Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

SOLVED Assign to Menu Items

• Jim Sharp
    • Sr. Rocketeer

SOLVED Assign to Menu Items

Posted 9 years 10 months ago
    • I'm trying to create two different menus.

I want the main menu to go away when using the Roknav menu.

I have gone into the Praxis template manager, Assignments and selected only the items I want for the main menu.

When I'm at the menu home for the second menu, the first menu is still present.
    • Last Edit: 8 years 4 months ago by Kat05.
    • Who?
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Joomla freelancer

Re: SOLVED Assign to Menu Items

• You have to create a template override (duplicate template), edit new copy of the template and assign that copy to the selected pages under the assignment tab
    • Check my services at: Mihha-Vision
    • Jim Sharp
    • Sr. Rocketeer

• David Goode
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer and Host

• Hi Jim,

Absolutely not, that post is 5 years old.

Simply open the admin for your Vermilion template and at top right where it says 'Save' use the dropdown arrow and select "Save as Copy"

Now rename the Site Name to Vermilion - No Main Menu - this will then display next to the template name in the template manager. It will also show a grey label called override as opposed to red label of master.

Simply open that template override and use the checkboxes to select where you want any differences. In your case it seems like the menu option. Now go to the assignment tab and assign it to the pages where you don't want the main menu.

Hope this helps 8)

• Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information
    • Jim Sharp
    • Sr. Rocketeer

• Thanks so much. I was able to do the save and copy. The issue I'm having now with the override template is that all the tabs except assignments are grayed out.
    • Jim Sharp
    • Sr. Rocketeer

• I figured it out! Thanks a lot, that's perfect.
    • David Goode
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer and Host

• Hi Jim,

Glad you figured it out. Our templates are very powerful but they do take some getting used to if you are to find all of the options they can provide. :)

Don't forget that there are plenty of new guides and documents in our new document section.

Cheers for now.

• Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information

Time to create page: 0.050 seconds