Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

SOLVED change menu associated with responsive menu button

• SOLVED change menu associated with responsive menu button

Posted 9 years 10 months ago
    • How do I change the menu associated with the responsive menu button (the button with the gf-menu-toggle class)? I have a different menu set in the Gantry "Menu" than what is being toggled by the menu button on mobile devices. I've stripped all custom CSS.

Gantry 4.1.17
      Joomla 3.1.1
    • Last Edit: 8 years 4 months ago by Kat05.
    • Dave Solko
      www.pixelalchemy.com
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: SOLVED change menu associated with responsive menu button

• That should be template manager > menu > menu name ?

Also, please make sure everything is up-todate (your gantry isn't).

If still no good Please would you post your URL, superuser id and pswd in the secure tab of your post and i'll have a look for you.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
  • Re: SOLVED change menu associated with responsive menu button

• That's odd. Gantry reports itself as being up to date. I checked just before I posted. I've updated and the issue continues. Also, the menu being controlled is not the one selected in the template manager. I've added account info in the secure tab.
    • Last Edit: 8 years 4 months ago by Kat05.
    • Dave Solko
      www.pixelalchemy.com
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• Those admin details don't appear to be working - can you please check them?

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.

• MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• Ok, so the reason things were going awry is that you cannot have two roknavmenus on the same page of the same type - you had your roknavmenu set to type "gantry-dropdown" which is a type already used (injected from template manager) - So I changed you roknavmenu to type "fusion" and now the responsive menu works as it should (the one in template manager). The standalone roknavmenu will not change to responsive type at all.
      Now you will probably say that you're not keen on the "fusion" styling now - which I would understand - but that can easily be remedied with a little custom CSS - infact you could make it look just like the other menu did if you wished. Have a go at the CSS - if you get stuck I can help further.

Regards, Mark.

• Mr T, you're brilliant. Thank you.

By "standalone roknavmenu," I assume you are referring to the menu you changed to Fusion?

Is there any way to control the number of levels of nav which show up on that menu - I'd like it collapsed by default. Or, to put it another way, is that roknavmenu controlled by a module or generated by Gantry. You seem to imply the latter.

Is it possible to switch out menus completely when moving from desktop to mobile size? I know I can use visible-phone and the like to control visibility, but would like to switch out the menu for mobile to match the expected needs of someone on a phone vs computer. But, of course, need the mobile button to function properly. I assume I only get that when I have Menu Control turned on in gantry.
    • Dave Solko
      www.pixelalchemy.com
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• You will have two roknavmenus on the page. One is injected by gantry according to the setting you have set on the menu tab in template manager (this one will be of type gantry-dropdown because that's what you set in template manager). The second roknavmenu is a module that you have created in module manager (it is not controlled by Ganty) and will not get an equivalent "mobile" menu. the "mobile" menu is only a feature of the roknavmenu that gantry has injected (according to your menu settings in template manager). You cannot control the levels shown of the roknavmenu injected by Gantry, but you CAN control it on the roknavmenu module that you have created (see settings on roknavmenu).

You can use module class suffix on the roknavmenu you have created in module manager (e.g. hidden-phone etc) but you can't add module classes to the roknvamenu injected by gantry (from template settings). So, if you wanted to control the visibility of the injected roknavmenu then you would need to do that using media queries and custom CSS.

If you don't want a mobile menu at all you can simply turn off the menu in template manager and instead create another roknavmenu module for that menu.
      /* Smartphones */
      @media (max-width: 480px) {

}

/* Smartphones to Tablets */
      @media (min-width: 481px) and (max-width: 767px) {

}

/* Tablets */
      @media (min-width: 768px) and (max-width: 959px) {

}

/* Desktop */
      @media (min-width: 960px) and (max-width: 1199px) {

}

/* Large Display */
      @media (min-width: 1200px) {

}
      This is how to create a custom CSS compatible with Gantry 4...

Simply create a file called "<TEMPLATENAME>-custom.css" and put this file in the CSS folder of the template (where <TEMPLATENAME> is the name of the template as seen in template manager e.g. rt_fracture). GANTRY4 will automatically load this CSS file. If you wish, you can also have browser specific files by appending, for example, "-ie9" making the filename "<TEMPLATENAME>-custom-ie9.css"

Regards, Mark.
    • The following users have thanked you: davesnothere

Time to create page: 0.053 seconds