Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

SOLVED How to move or insert a position in Layout

• SOLVED How to move or insert a position in Layout

Posted 5 years 8 months ago
    • I have the need to insert a new position in my layout to put in a section header but cannot find a way to do this. Do I really have to delete everything below the position and then re-place them all again?
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: SOLVED How to move or insert a position in Layout

• Errr, no. Drag and drop a "module position" particle from the left sidebar onto the layout of your outline wherever you need it. Then change the settings of the particle and give it aq "key" (module position name). If you want to you can also add another row to the section by clicking on the "+" sign on the section too.

Regards, Mark.
    • The following users have thanked you: Dane Courtney

• Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
  • Re: SOLVED How to move or insert a position in Layout

• I'm sorry, Mark. I just can't make this work. Gantry simply won't allow me to drag and drop a new module position, or any module, into the places I want. I've attached a pix to show where I want to insert new positions which are in between other positions. Is it possible and if so, can you explain (simply) how I do it? I appreciate your help.
      This image is hidden for guests.
      Please log in or register to see it.
    • Last Edit: 5 years 8 months ago by Dane Courtney.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• You're doing something wrong because you shouldn't need that many rows in one section.- I think that's a really bad idea. Those rows should really be separate sections. Think of how this might look if you were to have a backgroudn color on the section (you can't have that on a row) or if you were to use a "fixed header".

But you can do what you want... Add another row, then ONE particle from the current last row to your new last row. Then add a "space" particle to the row that you just move the particle from, then you can now move the second particle onto the last row (leaving just the spacer particle. Keep repeating this process now (of moving particles down using that same spacer particle to always keep particle in the row) - The secret is NEVER to let the row get empty, if you do it will collapse and you will have to start over.

So what you are trying to do IS posssible, but it's complex and awkward because it's not a common operation and you have so many rows in a single section.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
  • Re: SOLVED How to move or insert a position in Layout

• Thanks again. Understand the rows/sections thing. I'l remove some rows, add new sections and just keep what I need in that section.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• Ok, but adding sections is hard as you will have develop your own layout presets if none of the existing layout preset fulfills your needs. http://docs.gantry.org/gantry5/advanced/creating-layout-presets .

It will be much easier to stick with the sections provided in the existing presets.

Regards, Mark.

Time to create page: 0.052 seconds