Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

SOLVED Gantry 5 and wordpress multilingual (WPML)

• safeworld4women
    • Elite Rocketeer
    • Website designer and Administrator

SOLVED Gantry 5 and wordpress multilingual (WPML)

Posted 5 years 6 months ago
    • Hi there
      Are all the Wordpress themes based on Gantry 5 fully compatible with the WPML plugin - for multilingual support?
      Couldn't find Rocket Theme listed on the WPML site
      https://wpml.org/documentation/theme-compatibility/

Best

Andrew
    • My wife and I design, build and maintain websites - for non-profit organisations, therapists, artists, local community groups and small businesses.
    • Matt
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • messin' with stuff

Re: SOLVED Gantry 5 and wordpress multilingual (WPML)

• It is not fully compatible is my current understanding but there's several folks here on the boards who have worked through various implements with WPML.

One of the bigger issues is with Menu Switching... github.com/gantry/gantry5/issues/1194

I think that may be resolved though when this goes from beta to live: github.com/gantry/gantry5/issues/726#issuecomment-419912131
    • SEARCH the forum first! These boards are rich in knowledge and vast in topics. This includes searching just the 'Solved' forums, using Google, and using ChatGPT :woohoo:
    • safeworld4women
    • Elite Rocketeer

• Thanks Matt
      All is explained.
      Someone asked me about it and I did a quick experiment and indeed the Menu Switching doesn't work.
      Will look on the boards and see if anyone came up with a workaround.
    • My wife and I design, build and maintain websites - for non-profit organisations, therapists, artists, local community groups and small businesses.
    • Matt
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • messin' with stuff

• aye, the WP Menu system for Gantry 5 is being overhauled... you might try it the latest CI build and see if menu switching works -- I've asked in that first link I posted (I'm blizam on Github) if this should in fact be the case so we could wait for a dev there to reply as well :)

gantry.org/downloads#ci-builds
    • SEARCH the forum first! These boards are rich in knowledge and vast in topics. This includes searching just the 'Solved' forums, using Google, and using ChatGPT :woohoo:
    • safeworld4women
    • Elite Rocketeer

• Gotcha
      Thanks for flagging that up

Andrew

Time to create page: 0.053 seconds