Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

SOLVED Error after update

• Tommi
    • Jr. Rocketeer

SOLVED Error after update

Posted 5 years 6 months ago
    • Hi, I please need your help with the following problems:

Two days ago I updated two websites, at first I updated the latest Gantry 4 Version and in the following the latest Joomla Update. Now the Joomla-Backend is working fine on both websites but the frontend shows just white sites and one nasty word: "error"

In case 1:
      After setting the error reporting to maximum I received this message:
      Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /is/htdocs/####changed because customernumber/www/sm4/plugins/system/rokupdater/lib/local/RokUpdater/Container.php on line 214

Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; Color has a deprecated constructor in /is/htdocs/####changed because customernumber/www/sm4/templates/rt_fracture/features/color.php on line 11
      Error: [] operator not supported for strings: [] operator not supported for strings

In case 2: on website #2 I received just this message using php 7.1 or 7.2:
      Error: [] operator not supported for strings: [] operator not supported for strings

The frontend of this website works fine with php 7.0 but this version is no longer supported.

Thank you very much in advance for your suggestions, solutions and your help!!
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: SOLVED Error after update

• 1. uninstall rokupdater from extensions manager > manage as it is no longer required.
      2. Make sure that you are using the latest version of the template (it will not show up in joomla updater - you have to download it from our site).
      3. Clear server and browser cache.

If still no good, Please would you post your URL, superuser id and pswd in the secure tab of your post and I'll have a look for you.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
    • Tommi
    • Jr. Rocketeer

Re: SOLVED Error after update

• Mark, thank you so much!

The problems are solved!

Best regards, Tommi

Time to create page: 0.051 seconds