Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

SOLVED CSS save = error but message is too long to see errors

• Eoin
    • Hero Rocketeer

SOLVED CSS save = error but message is too long to see errors

Posted 4 years 6 months ago
    • I raised this issue previously and Mr T helped me to resolve the issue.
      rockettheme.com/forum/gantry-solved-thre...-see?start=0#1378651

What I'd prefer is some way for me to understand how to resolve the issue. The error messages are usually lengthy but there's only usually one problem. In that instance it would be useful to see all of the errors. Often it is not an SCSS validation error becasue in one file it validates but becasue I reference a second file and the colour for example may not exist I can find errors. It's useful to understand the full error but before I can inspect the element it disappears.

Is there a way I can somehow overcome this problem?
    • Just a lonely web designer trying to make his way
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: SOLVED CSS save = error but message is too long to see errors

Posted 4 years 6 months ago
    • I explained how to do it last time. Use the inspector tool to look at the messages in the html. I gave also raised a ticket on this on github..

Please post url, superuser ID and password in the secure tab of your reply and I will look for you.

Regards, Mark.
    • The following users have thanked you: Eoin

• Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
    • Eoin
    • Hero Rocketeer

Re: SOLVED CSS save = error but message is too long to see errors

Posted 4 years 5 months ago
    • Thanks. I managed to find the problem so I don't need you to login. But I didn't find it because of the error messages unfortunately. Adding a scrollbar to them would be a useful thing that would help. Or making the box expand perhaps.

I've struggled with inspecting but I guess if I hover the mouse and then tab I could achieve this. It doesn't seem like a very user friendly solution though.

Anyway, my problme is fixed now, so just reraising it for that reason. It's not a pressing issue for me, on the whole I get this stuff sorted quite quickly.
    • Just a lonely web designer trying to make his way

Time to create page: 0.049 seconds