Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

SOLVED RTL support of Gantry 5 Joomla templates

• Carl L.
    • Sr. Rocketeer

SOLVED RTL support of Gantry 5 Joomla templates

Posted 4 years 4 months ago
    • I have not found any documentation on using Gantry 5 templates with RTL languages. I found a reference to enabling RTL support in the Template Manager in a support post that is over 6 years old ( rockettheme.com/forum/general-discussion...-rtl?start=0#1036797 ), but as I cannot find a configuration for RTL support in the Flux (Ganttry 5) template manager, I wonder whether RTL languages are still supported and what needs to be configured for that, if anything?
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: SOLVED RTL support of Gantry 5 Joomla templates

• Yes all our templates are tested in RTL languages. All you need to do in use an rtl language.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
    • Carl L.
    • Sr. Rocketeer

• Thanks for the quick reply, Mark. However, the RTL language (Farsi) that I have installed and activated as a content language is not displayed in the language switcher next to the European LTR languages. I wonder whether you could perhaps have a look? I have added URL and credentials in the secure tab. Thank you!
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• You had not set the "home" menu item in the "farsi" menu to be the default for "Farsi" language. I did this and it now works.

By the way, you multi-lingual set-up is incomplete...

Please read this tutorial on multi-language set-up in Gantry 5 http://docs.gantry.org/gantry5/tutorials/multilingual-site

Regards, Mark.
    • The following users have thanked you: Carl L.

• Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
    • Carl L.
    • Sr. Rocketeer

• Great, thanks a lot Mark! Yes, I was only starting the multi-lingual set up, but thanks for the link to the article anyway.

Regards,

Carl

Time to create page: 0.053 seconds