Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

SOLVED Gantry Issue with AJAX loader [Core Update Request]

• JasonC
    • Sr. Rocketeer

SOLVED Gantry Issue with AJAX loader [Core Update Request]

Posted 4 years 1 month ago
    • Gantry is having issues with some AJAX plugins. I was working on AJAX Infinity is a plugin for Joomla that replaces Joomla pagination with auto-loading infinite scroll. Instead of clicking on pagination links, you can now simply scroll down to reach more content. You can find this plugin here www.sakic.net/products/ajax-infinity/

I have been working on a fix with Emir Sakic who is one of Joomla's original developers. He found a solutiion and I would like to see if RocketThem can get this as an update for core Gantry.

Gantry framework renders the Joomla component itself in this file: libraries/gantry5/classes/Gantry/Framework/Platform.php
      However, it doesn't trigger onBeforeRender() plugins that are required by AJAX Infinity. If you add this code to above file:
      // Trigger the onBeforeRender event.
      \JPluginHelper::importPlugin('system');
      \JFactory::getApplication()->triggerEvent('onBeforeRender');

on line 255, just before:
      $html = trim($renderer->render(null, $params, $content ?: $document->getBuffer('component')));

Kind regards,
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: SOLVED Gantry Issue with AJAX loader [Core Update Request]

• This is not something we can help with here. Please raise an issue on the Gantry 5 opensource project https://github.com/gantry/gantry5/issues .

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
    • JasonC
    • Sr. Rocketeer

• Hi Mark,
      Thank you as always for your quick replies. I was under the impression that it was developed by RocketTheme so thaught it should have been posted here. I will post if up there as well.

I guess its good to have here as well if anyone else was having issues with other AJAX plugins this might also fix.

Cheers!
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• Gantry 5 was developed by the same people as RT true, but it was also developed with the help of the community because Gantry 5 is an opensource project. The RT forums are for assistance with RT commencial products (templates and extensions), and yes we do also offer support on general Gantry 5 queries too. But, we do not provide support on development of Gantry 5 coding here. For assistance with Gantry 5 custom developments you can ask other likeminded developers in the Gantry 5 opensource project chat room https://gitter.im/gantry/gantry5 or (if you believe something is broken with Gantry 5 itself) then you can raise an issue on the Gantry 5 opensource project https://github.com/gantry/gantry5/issues .

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.

Time to create page: 0.052 seconds