Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

SOLVED Failed to read theme.yaml - directory changes always to 0600

• MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: SOLVED Failed to read theme.yaml - directory changes always to 0600

Posted 3 years 8 months ago
    • Yep, it very much sounds like a hosting issue to me.

Regards, Mark.
    • The following users have thanked you: Jean-Pierre d'Argent

• Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
  • Re: SOLVED Failed to read theme.yaml - directory changes always to 0600

• Thanks for your excellent support Mark.

It was definitely a host side issue.

I copied herunder some excerpt from my analysis and the communication with support in order to help anyone with the same issue

From my analysis
      All files and directories under :
      /[mydomain].com/cache/gantry5

have their rights arbitrarily changed from 755 to 600 for directories as well as from 644 to 600 for the files rights

This halts the gantry5 theme installation scripts with a mkdir error

From support :
      Hello,

After further checks with a level 2 it could indeed be caused by a problem in the CloudLinux Cage on your account.

Your CageFS was reset for the cPanel user XXXXXX and permissions reset.

Let us know if your concern still persists.

Hello,

All right, thank you for your feedback.

Your ZLE-xxx-yyyyy ticket is related to the permission issue. It has been escalated to level 3.

If you are experiencing further difficulties, please feel free to open another technical ticket.

Our team is always happy to assist you.

Thank you for your confidence in XXXXXXXXX.

The actual soving needed a level3 support escalation !
      So prepare yourself to be patient, polite and bullet proof in your argumentation and symptoms explanations to the support team.

They initially "jumped" onto the word " cache" to initally point out a webmaster/CMS/Theme maker malfunction.

It took one week to solve this.
    • Jean-Pierre d'Argent
      This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: SOLVED Failed to read theme.yaml - directory changes always to 0600

• Ok, thanks for letting us know - some hosts are just not very good i'm afraid - they just want as many customers as possible to support their cheap pricing.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.

Time to create page: 0.052 seconds