Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

SOLVED Is popup menu able to appear right away?

• Arnaud
    • Sr. Rocketeer

SOLVED Is popup menu able to appear right away?

Posted 3 years 10 months ago
    • Hi,

One of my clients wants a popup to appear on his homepage right away when we load the page, in order to display a message he thinks to be important. Well, I don't like this solution, but that's what he wants.

I have created his website using the Isotope template. So I had to "import" manually the Popup Module from Elixir to Isotope. I think it's ok, even tho I don't get the same screens as shown in RocketTheme tutorials about how to use the Popup Module particle. But from my first tests, using it like regular modules, it seems to work.

But now my question is : this module seems to be made to create a button, and when we click on it we get the popup message. Which is not what I wanted. Is there a way to make the popup appear right away, without the need to click anywhere ?

Thank you.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: SOLVED Is popup menu able to appear right away?

• Someone else asked a similar question this morning and I am writing a tutorial to explain how it can be done. So be patient and I'll get this done in the next day or so.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
    • Arnaud
    • Sr. Rocketeer

• Thank you very much for your fast answer!

OK, that's great news (except that this popup should be online in the next hours) :-O
      But that's not your fault I know.

Do you think I can start to explore and customize the popup message in the meantime to save some time? I mean this will still be usable with your tutorial?
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• Arnaud
    • Sr. Rocketeer

• Super great, thank you Mark, you're a life saver!
      I took the time to try you solution before answering your message and… it works perfecly :-)
      You even explained in a clear and simple way how to use this popup particle, which is really helpful to me.

Thank you again!
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• You're very welcome - glad I could help.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.

Time to create page: 0.049 seconds