Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

SOLVED trying to add tracking script before /head tag

• SOLVED trying to add tracking script before /head tag

Posted 3 years 9 months ago
    • We are trying to add some tracking info for marketing. I have added a very small , one line <script> tag before the closing </head> tag in the index.php but do not see it on the front end. Wanted to test it there before creating an override.

Is there a better way to do this?
    • Last Edit: 3 years 9 months ago by JJ Spelman.
  • Re: SOLVED trying to add tracking script before /head tag

• Please create a secure post with login details to your site so we can take a direct look at your setup. I'm assuming you placed this code in the index.php file of your template (not the one in Joomla core)?
    • Kind regards,
      Reggie

Learn to code for free.
      www.freecodecamp.org

• Hi Reggie, thank you for your reply.

Yes I added the tag to the template index file and not Joomla index file. :)

I sent admin credenmtials for you

THank you for your time!!!
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: SOLVED trying to add tracking script before /head tag

• You added the script in the correct place. Because you have jch_optmize enabled I disabled it and cleared server cache and then the script is there. When you reenable jch_optmize then it gets compressed and put into the jch compressed files (because that's what a compressor does).

Regards, Mark.
    • The following users have thanked you: JJ Spelman, Reggie Simmons

• Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.

• [Solved ] I could swear we cleared cache prior to adding the script. Perhaps it wasn't. Thank you!

Time to create page: 0.052 seconds