Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

SOLVED Why does a rocketheme installation affect a separate index folder?

• Fuse

SOLVED Why does a rocketheme installation affect a separate index folder?

Posted 3 years 9 months ago
    • Hello,

Using RocketTheme templates for Joomla, I've got my main website folder (MAIN SITE) as production, and a separate folder (TEST SITE) for testing new updates.

Both folders reside in www root. They each have their own separate config files and subfolders.

They also have different URLS:

localhost/MAIN_SITE/index.php

localhost/TEST_SITE/index.php

Recently, I was in the administrator dashboard for my TEST SITE, and I installed the Aurora template for testing.
      I only installed the Aurora template to my TEST SITE. (Not my MAIN SITE) I double and triple checked this. Everything looked good
      when I opened up my TEST SITE in the browser.

HOWEVER, When I then pulled up my MAIN SITE in the browser, the site did not open, and I got the following error notice:

Error: Could not find template "rt_aurora".

I expected to see my MAIN SITE come up with the theme it's already been using. I didn't expect it to look for the new Aurora
      theme.

Is that a mistake in my configuration?
      Or if someone could please explain the gap in my knowledge, I'd really appreciate it.

Thank you!

I'm using:
      Windows 10 Home
      Wamp 3.2.2.2 64 bit
      PHP 7.3.12
      Apache 2.4.4.1
      Joomla 3.9.19
    • Last Edit: 3 years 9 months ago by Fuse. Reason: Clarification that I'm using Joomla
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: SOLVED Why does a rocketheme installation affect a separate index folder?

• It very much sounds like the two separate sites are using the same database name.

Regards, Mark.
    • The following users have thanked you: Fuse

• Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
    • Fuse

Re: SOLVED Why does a rocketheme installation affect a separate index folder?

• Thanks very much, MrT! I had a feeling it was going to be a simple explanation that I just wasn't thinking of.
      They are certainly using the same database. That solves my issue.

Time to create page: 0.051 seconds