0
Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

SOLVED Upgrading Breaks My site

  • SOLVED Upgrading Breaks My site

    Posted 1 month 1 week ago
    • I'm currently running Gantry 5.4.32 and EVERY time I try to upgrade it, the CSS of the frontend completely breaks. I've tried to recompile the CSS and empty the cache but the only way I can fix it is to restore the back before the break.
    • MrT's Avatar
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Posts: 90663
    • Thanks: 11837
    • Web Designer/Developer

    Re: SOLVED Upgrading Breaks My site

    Posted 1 month 1 week ago
    • Please post url, superuser ID and password in the secure tab of your reply and I will look for you.

      Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
  • Re: SOLVED Upgrading Breaks My site

    Posted 1 month 1 week ago
    • This message contains only secure information that is visible to MrT, moderators and administrators
    • MrT's Avatar
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Posts: 90663
    • Thanks: 11837
    • Web Designer/Developer

    Re: SOLVED Upgrading Breaks My site

    Posted 1 month 1 week ago
    • This issue was nothing at all to do with the update. You issue was caused by your copying the infollist particle from some other template and not initialising the SCSS variables that the particle SCSS depends upon. So, I added the variables in your custom.scss and now the SCSS compiles ok, then I updated Gantry 5 and it's still all ok.

      Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
  • Re: SOLVED Upgrading Breaks My site

    Posted 1 month 1 week ago
    • So missing font files was the culprit. Wow! What damage a font can do. Thank you!
    • MrT's Avatar
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Posts: 90663
    • Thanks: 11837
    • Web Designer/Developer

    Re: SOLVED Upgrading Breaks My site

    Posted 1 month 6 days ago
    • No, there were no missing font files. As I already stated, you had copied the infolist particle from another template but had not initialised two SCSS variables that the particle depends upon (they just happen to contain a font name). So, the issue was nothing tp do with the update or any missing font files.

      Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.

Time to create page: 0.061 seconds