Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

[Closed] Version: 5.4.36 Parse error: syntax error,

• JasonC
    • Sr. Rocketeer

[Closed] Version: 5.4.36 Parse error: syntax error,

Posted 3 years 2 months ago
    • Parse error: syntax error, unexpected 'class' (T_CLASS), expecting identifier (T_STRING) or variable (T_VARIABLE) or '{' or '$' in /plugins/system/gantry5/gantry5.php on line 45
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: [Closed] Version: 5.4.36 Parse error: syntax error,

• Please post url, superuser ID and password in the secure tab of your reply and I will look for you.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
    • JasonC
    • Sr. Rocketeer

• Hi Mark,
      I appreciate your quick response. I have been getting this same error on all websites that I manage. I don't own the websites and have strict contracts not to allow anyone else to log in to the websites.

I will also post this on Github I just wanted to bring it to attention so maybe someone can figure it out.

Steps to reproduce are to download the plugin from Ganty gantry.org/downloads and install the update. I was unable to update from the Joomla Backend on all the Gantry websites I manage.

My current fix is to turn off Display Errors till there is an official update unless someone can figure out a manual patch before then.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• Ok, I have personally updated many sites usgin G5.4.36 and not had any issues at all. Display_errors in your php config should be off (it's a joomla requirement).

As I can't look at your site or reproduce the error there is nothing more that I can add I'm afraid.

You'll get the same response from our DEVS on github too. If we can't see your site or reproduce the error we can't diagnose a fix.

Good luck with finding a solution.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.

Time to create page: 0.050 seconds