Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

SOLVED Gantry 5 is a touch too much

• fw114
    • Jr. Rocketeer

SOLVED Gantry 5 is a touch too much

Posted 3 years 1 month ago
    • yeah u can do a lot of things with it, but the question is: when ?
      after what time of learing curve are u able to use your template ?

i am sorry, but this is too much.
      too much menu structures, too many levels of what to change and where the heck to change and wherever to go.

this brings me to another point...

is there a way for a refund ? because i'll never will go for the gantry framework again.

edit:

for example fluent template:

if you wanna have to change the content of the left slider , you have to change it in the
      layout.yaml ( or maybe i did not found the editor for it. i don't know) it kinda sucks.. sorry.

You have to put all your text and stuff in there. you can not change this in the joomla backend.

Well, what sense does it make to have a CMS , when i have to open up textfiles somewhere in the template folder to place my contend in
      to fit / get the template style ?
    • Last Edit: 3 years 1 month ago by fw114.
  • Re: SOLVED Gantry 5 is a touch too much

• Hello,

Unfortunately, as stated in our terms, we cannot provide refunds after a membership/template is purchased (especially after the template(s) has been downloaded).

Unless you are looking to create new sections or modify sections entirely, the need for editing the layout.yaml files should not be necessary. Nevertheless, this can be done via your Joomla admin via Extensions -> Templates -> Templates -> Template Details and Files.

Also we can provide assistance for you with any questions you might have via our forum. Please let us know.
    • Last Edit: 3 years 1 month ago by Reggie Simmons.
    • Kind regards,
      Reggie

Learn to code for free.
      www.freecodecamp.org
    • fw114
    • Jr. Rocketeer

Re: SOLVED Gantry 5 is a touch too much

• Reggie Simmons wrote:
      Hello,

Unless you are looking to create new sections or modify sections entirely, the need for editing the layout.yaml files should not be necessary. Nevertheless, this can be done via your Joomla admin via Extensions -> Templates -> Templates -> Template Details and Files.

Also we can provide assistance for you with any questions you might have via our forum. Please let us know.

Well it's unlike the same as editing the file in the templatefolder. It just breaks the Joomla CMS as CMS idea.
      I don't wanna have to put content in joomla template files whatsoever. no matter if i change them via vi editor oder over the joomla backend
      editor, where i just make the same as with vi editor on linux console.

if other people with no knowlegde (just a simple author for example )wanna put content on such postions, they are not able to do so
      and that a no go for any template.
    • Last Edit: 3 years 1 month ago by fw114.
  • Re: SOLVED Gantry 5 is a touch too much

• Again, unless you are looking to create new sections or modify sections entirely (perhaps renaming the sections), the need for editing the layout.yaml files should not be necessary. Any addition of content will be done via the Layout manager itself.

docs.gantry.org/gantry5/configure/layout-manager
    • Kind regards,
      Reggie

Learn to code for free.
      www.freecodecamp.org
    • fw114
    • Jr. Rocketeer

• Reggie Simmons wrote:
      Again, unless you are looking to create new sections or modify sections entirely (perhaps renaming the sections), the need for editing the layout.yaml files should not be necessary. Any addition of content will be done via the Layout manager itself.

docs.gantry.org/gantry5/configure/layout-manager

OK,
      so would you plz let me know how do i change this content here , without changing it in the .yaml file

This image is hidden for guests.
      Please log in or register to see it.

How do i change "Beautifully crafted modern, versatile particles" within joomla ?

Thank you
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• fw114
    • Jr. Rocketeer

• Thank you. Any Videos or Documentation how to edit your templates with quix ? Because i have a quix pro lincense.
      thanks
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• You do not need a page builder extension with Gantry 5. You just use Gantry 5 to edit pages. You edit the particle layout and particle contents all within Gantry 5 admin as I showed in my video.

Full Gantry 5 documentation is here http://docs.gantry.org/ including many videos within those pages.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
    • fw114
    • Jr. Rocketeer

• Well,

the documentation is like the framework. too many different places. follow up answers are not there.

anyways.

i watched the vid about editing and creating menues in the ganrty menue editor.
      well, done so far. i have a decent menu.

1) created menues in joomla
      2) gantry menue editor > main menue > put links and stuff here , saved

reload HP and click on a link.... nothing happens

where does the content go ?
      do i have to add a css class to the menu link ?
      what to do to display my content in the theme ?

i am sry for those questions, but i can't see it in the moment.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• Please would you post your URL, superuser id and pswd in the secure tab of your post and I'll have a look for you.

What menu are you expecting to show what content?

Content can either go in article or particles or modules - it depends on your specific requirement... Most of the time you can just do it all in Gantry 5 layout manager and particles.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.

Time to create page: 0.057 seconds