Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

SOLVED Own template in the category layout

• SOLVED Own template in the category layout

Posted 1 year 11 months ago
    • This image is hidden for guests.
      Please log in or register to see it.

How do I add my own template to the category layout?
      Is there a good instruction/tutorial somewhere?

I searched the web for 3 hours, watched the tutorials and it didn't work.

Audacity template for Gantry 5, Joomla 3.10.
    • Last Edit: 1 year 11 months ago by Rafal Nagorski.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: SOLVED Own template in the category layout

• It's a bad idea to go down this road as maintaining your layout becomes a nightmare trying to keep up with Joomla changes and compatibility - SO I'd counsel against it. But here's a J3 tutorial - I presume J4 is similar https://www.joomlashack.com/blog/joomla/custom-category-layout/ .

Regards, Mark.
    • The following users have thanked you: Rafal Nagorski

• Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
  • Re: SOLVED Own template in the category layout

• This is what I needed.
      It works!

The client has specific needs and budget for future maintenance.
      Thanks for the warning.

PS Most of the tutorials focus on overwriting the template and I prefer to add a modified one so that in case of problems the client can quickly switch to the original one for the time of repair.
      The second thing is that the website will use the original and the new one depending on the context.

PPS I mark "solved" or are you doing it?
      I can't see a button or a switch anywhere.

Thank you for your help.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: SOLVED Own template in the category layout

• If your issue is now solved, please EDIT your FIRST POST in this thread by adding [SOLVED] at the start of the title and then select the TICK icon. This lets the moderators know that it can be moved to the solved section.

If you can't edit the first post this will be because it is more than 7 days old, so please reply stating that the topic can be closed and a moderator will do this for you.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.

Time to create page: 0.053 seconds