Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

SOLVED Using Older Joomla/RT Templates

• sinabu
    • Jr. Rocketeer

SOLVED Using Older Joomla/RT Templates

Posted 1 year 8 months ago
    • Hey Everyone.

So wanted to get some feedback regarding using older joolma versions and themes.

I've used Joomla and Rocket themes on and off in the past and have always had good success with them.

I am starting a new site and see now that Joomla 4+ is out but I am not seeing a RT that I like, I really like the Metropolis theme but that one does appear to be a bit older and works with Joomla 3.9 and Gantry 4

I'm wondering from a new site going up in Mid-2022 is it still worth jumping on 3.9 to get the design I like. I was hoping maybe these themes would be updated and I sent a message to RT through the contact form but haven't heard back yet.

What do you guys think about sticking with 3.9?

ALso I used K2 in the past and that doesn't appear to support 4 that i can tell at least for now.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: SOLVED Using Older Joomla/RT Templates

• J3 is only supported (by joomla) for one more year so I think you should use j4. G4 and it’s themes will never be made to work with j4, so that means you will have to use gantry 5 and one of it’s themes.

You also cannot use any of the old RT extensions on j4 either.

Regards, Mark
    • The following users have thanked you: sinabu

• Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
    • sinabu
    • Jr. Rocketeer

Re: SOLVED Using Older Joomla/RT Templates

• Thanks Mark!

I appreciate the reply and that is the way I was leaning i'm just not to keen on the latest RT themes for 4+ compared to some of the older ones. I will have to think about it. I really like RocketTheme and trust that I'm getting a good product. I guess I will try the club again and try a few different ones and maybe one will grow on me.
    • Last Edit: 1 year 8 months ago by sinabu.

Time to create page: 0.047 seconds