Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

You are not authorized to access that page, please login...

SOLVED Gantry4 and PHP8 question

• SOLVED Gantry4 and PHP8 question

Posted 1 year 7 months ago
    • I've read that PHP8 won't be supported for ganrty4. My question: Having a website running gantry4 (latest version) and Rt_epsilon (with latest version) ... can I simply install both gantry5 versions to keep the same site up or must be redone?
      Thanks
      JP
  • Re: SOLVED Gantry4 and PHP8 question

• BTW, the error we get when switching to PHP8 is: COUNT(): ARGUMENT #1 ($VALUE) MUST BE OF TYPE COUNTABLE|ARRAY, STDCLASS GIVEN
      OH MY GOSH! YOU FOUND IT!!!
      Looks like the page you're trying to visit doesn't exist.
      Please check the URL and try your luck again.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: SOLVED Gantry4 and PHP8 question

• Gantry 4 and it’s templates do not work on joomla 4 or php 8. You can add g5 and a g5 template but you will need to remove g4 because it breaks on php8 or j4. So, my advice would be to clone your site to a test server using akeeba backup and akeeba kickstart, do the updates and testing, then clone it back after.

Remember too that none of the old RT extensions will work on php 8 or j4 either so you must replace them.

Regards, Mark
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
  • Re: SOLVED Gantry4 and PHP8 question

• Mark,
      Appreciate your quick reply. I helps. I'll follow your recommendation.
      Regards
      JP

Time to create page: 0.056 seconds