Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

SOLVED Using Rocket themes templates of Gantry 4 and 5 simultanouesly

• SOLVED Using Rocket themes templates of Gantry 4 and 5 simultanouesly

Posted 1 year 7 months ago
    • Hello, I’ve been using Joomla 3 CMS before and now I’m ready to upgrade to Joomla 4.2.2. I wonder if I can use different templates of both Gantry 4 and 5 version simultanouesly, applying Joomla 4.2.2.? So that I’d like to use Rocket Theme templates of both Gantry 4 and 5 version at the same time, meanwhile I use Joomla 4.2.2. CMS.
      Looking forward to your soon reply and if you have any experience with the above mentioned situation.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: SOLVED Using Rocket themes templates of Gantry 4 and 5 simultanouesly

• Nope because Gantry 4 does not work on Joomla 4 at all. Neither do any of the old RT "rok" extensions either.

What you can do is stay on Joomla 3 and then install Gantry 5 and a G5 template alongside your G4 template. But you MUST make Gantry 5 the default template. Then, once you have got your site working on G5 and a G5 template, you can uninstall G4 and it's template and "rok" extensions and then update to Joomla 4.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
  • Re: SOLVED Using Rocket themes templates of Gantry 4 and 5 simultanouesly

• So If I'm on using Joomla 4 CMS, I need to skip all the old Rocket templates, don't I? Thx for your urgent reply.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: SOLVED Using Rocket themes templates of Gantry 4 and 5 simultanouesly

• Yes. Anything from Callisto onwards is a G5 template.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.

Time to create page: 0.051 seconds