Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

SOLVED When trying to use PHP 8.0. I get error

• Manna

SOLVED When trying to use PHP 8.0. I get error

Posted 1 year 6 months ago
    • Hi
      I am preparing migration to Joomla 4. I have 4 websites in a Linux hosting package. I have prepared all the sites for upgrade moving to Joomla 3.10.11 and upgraded all templates to the latest versions. I use Gantry 5 on all 4 sites and Helium, Hydrogen and Protean templates. All sites currently operating fine on PHP 7.4. When I change PHP setting to PHP 8 all sites show a white page with just the word "error". If I change to PHP 8.1, one helium and one Hydrogen Site is fine. The Protean site and the other Helium site show "Failed to load 'rt_protean' template: Please install Gantry 5 Framework! and "Failed to load 'g5_helium' template: Please install Gantry 5 Framework!" I have reinstalled the latest Gantry 5 framework and activated all the extensions. When I tried to log into the backend of the Protean site I get the massage "0 spl_autoload_unregister(): Argument #1 ($callback) must be a valid callback, function "__autoload" not found or invalid function name (see attached screenshot)
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: SOLVED When trying to use PHP 8.0. I get error

• I've split your post from the topic you originally posted in so as not to confuse the other post that is over three months old.

So it sounds to be like you still have old RT "rok" extensions installed and have not updated everything to latest versions. You cannot yet use PHP 8.1.x - go no higher than PHP 8.0.x. Please regress to PHP 7.4.x so I can check your sites to ensure that they are ready for PHP 8 and J4.

Please would you post your URL, superuser id and pswd in the secure tab of your post and I'll have a look for you

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
    • Manna

Re: SOLVED When trying to use PHP 8.0. I get error

• Mark
      Thanks for the response
      After my problem I decided to simplify things, do a significant extension cleanout, also removed all the RT "rok" extensions and upgraded the websites to a new template (Horizon). I upgraded to Joomla 4 and will do the move to PHP 8.0.x. soon. I will revert if I have any further problems.
      Regards
      Manna

Time to create page: 0.048 seconds